http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-21-2010, 12:49

Default Bottle caps have bubbles that wont pop!

Hey ladies! I finally broke down and bought the ET Lite for my bottle caps. I experimented with only one bottle cap last week and it turned out perfectly. It was so easy to mix, pour, spread, dry, etc (you get the picture). I should have known it was too good to be true. The last two times I have tried doing them I have gotten many bubbles that just will not pop with exhaling or blowing through a straw. I tried a lighter, but it seemed to push the resin toward the edge and then went over the edge of the bottle cap making a HUGE mess! I thought maybe I hadnt mixed it correctly or mixed too vigorously, but I tried several different times with the same result! Any advice or help would be much appreciated since I have tons of hair bow orders waiting on these bottle caps!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 07-21-2010, 02:24

Default Re: Bottle caps have bubbles that wont pop!

I used the lighter and had no problem. If you get too close it will cause the resin to move. Don't get too close or stay on a spot too long. Just keep going back and forth. I use the long lighters for the bbq. I know some ladies on here use a heat embossing gun.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:30

I too get bubbles that won't pop with heat. They are usually the ones that are down on the bottom. I try to carefully stick a tooth pick in there and either pop it or move it to the surface and then pop it. But some times those buggers won't go away! Good luck!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:15

Thanks ladies! I am glad I am not the only one who has had trouble with this. I am going to try one of the long lighters. I was desperate and only had a regular Bic lighter on hand last night so that is what I used. Going to give it another try, but sure wish these bottle caps were easier! LOL!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:33

Default bottle caps and magnets

Quick Question! Doing (Did) bottle caps for the first time and I'm selling them locally this Saturday. Do you usually glue the magnet to the was for interchangable necklace of on the bottle caps themselves? Was thinking on bottle caps themselves good so they could be sold as frige magnets but also, more cost effective to glue on washer and let them interchance caps. What do you do?
Old 08-11-2010, 06:39

Default Re: bottle caps and magnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDesigns View Post
Quick Question! Doing (Did) bottle caps for the first time and I'm selling them locally this Saturday. Do you usually glue the magnet to the was for interchangable necklace of on the bottle caps themselves? Was thinking on bottle caps themselves good so they could be sold as frige magnets but also, more cost effective to glue on washer and let them interchance caps. What do you do?

I glue magnets onto the bottle caps, and add the washers onto the necklaces.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:20

Default Re: bottle caps and magnets

I glue the magnet onto the bottle cap as well. I dont sell or offer the necklaces and most stores that sell the necklaces for the bottle caps have the washers on the necklaces. I like the idea of using them as fridge magnets when you get done with them for necklaces, etc.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:32

I'm pretty new around here, but when I make my bottle caps I go over them with an embossing gun to pop the bubbles. It seems to work pretty well.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynne View Post
I'm pretty new around here, but when I make my bottle caps I go over them with an embossing gun to pop the bubbles. It seems to work pretty well.

I just wanted to say AWESOME name!! It's mine too! But it's spelled Jessica Lynn! You are officially on my cool list! lol
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif