Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-21-2010, 12:32

Default What scent do you use and who is it by?

If you make korkers and spray them with a scent to make them smell good/better, what do you use and who is it by?

I need to find something that will last a long time and well, not everything you buy at Target or Walmart in the body spray section (etc) last a long time I am finding out.

I just want them to have a slight scent to make them smell better/good.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 07-21-2010, 01:21

Default Re: What scent do you use and who is it by?

I haven't had a problem with smell being bad with my korkers, but if I was going to spray them, I would probably use something like Febreeze.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:36

I just use starch, it has a fresh clean scent. Although that is not the reason that I use it. Never heard of scented korkers before.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:42

I've battled with a "baked" smell after they bake at times. I turned down my oven temp and even cleaned it, but it still has a smell. I buy ribbon from many places, so I am not sure what the deal is. My thinking is, that it shouldn't smell at all?

I've read that some of the gals here ( and another place) use a touch of scented spray on their korker hair bows just to give it a fresh smell, but not because they stink, because their customers like it. I want to try that.

I'm going to check and see if Febreeze has newer scents, I haven't ever liked Febreeze for some reason. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassypantz View Post
I just use starch, it has a fresh clean scent. Although that is not the reason that I use it. Never heard of scented korkers before.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:43

I use lemon scented starch or clean scented starch
Old 07-21-2010, 03:45

Yeah, I have lots of allergies, I should have thought of that. But they just don't smell right. Shouldn't they NOT smell at all? I use Faultless heavy spray starch and it is lemon scented, and you'd think it would smell a bit like that when they bake? I also use the one that is just a regular smell of Faultless, and same thing...don't know what to do. But I need to figure this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
Other then starch I wouldn't spray anything. I have to many allergies to perfumes and sprays. Who knows what a potential customer is allergic to.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:13

I've not had a problem with my products smelling but I hate the smell of cardboard boxes so I got Scentsy room spray and I spray each box once with bubble gum scent. It's fun and I have had a lot of people comment that they like it once they get the box.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:28

Mine don't have any smell at all. I wouldn't spray mine with anything though, because ppl are allergic to all sorts of things and some react to smells.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:38

I've never had a problem with my korkers smelling. I wouldn't buy something scented, my DD has horrible allergies and having something scented so close to her nose would prob make her go crazy.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:39

Might just be the starch smell I am smelling. It's not super horrible or anything, but I have a nose like a bloodhound....seriously.

Many many many times I smell things like 20 minutes before anyone else in the room does. And....according to one friend....I should be on "That's Incredible" ( TV show from the 70's/80's).

I hate it though, I get headaches very easily if a smell is too strong.
Sponsored Links