150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-21-2010, 09:13

Default Preemie Headbands

I have a really good friend who had her baby at 26 weeks yesterday. Hannah is 2lbs 2oz. What size headband and or fabric do you use for such little babies? Is it too much (weight) to add a flower to it? Can you get the infant beanies in preemie size? PLEASE Help!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2010, 10:19

Default Re: Preemie Headbands

I can't help with finding preemie beanies (I'm sure they are out there) but I would think becuase she is so small she'll need to keep a hat on all the time. If she wore a headband, I would think it would need to be put on over a hat.

I say this not from experience but from watching the Duggars and their preemie baby on TV - she always had a hat on in the NICU, but they did put bows on her.

I don't think I would use any metal clips. I would probably sew velcro onto the hat and then onto the bow/flower. Nothing too heavy either.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:25

Thanks! The velcro is a good idea. That makes sense that she would always need a hat on. Maybe I can make the headband big enough that they can put it over the hat....
Old 07-21-2010, 10:26

I got a request from etsy a while back for a premie headband and booties (I crochet too) I do not remember exactly how big I made it, but I had asked her for the head circumference and went based on that.

She said it fit perfect, and I made a crochet flower about 1.5" and sewed that on the headband.

She sent me lots of pictures with baby wearing the headband and booties, she looked soo adorable.

I am sure each hospital has their own rules about what the babies can and cannot wear.

Also if you want it to be a surprise you can google "preemie growth chart" and that should give you an idea of how big they need to be

Krista
Old 07-21-2010, 08:24

I would use FOE and glue the flower or applique on! HTH
Old 07-21-2010, 08:29

My baby was born at 30 weeks and Jenni is correct. They always have to wear a hat in the nicu. The reason is they are so tiny and week. They can not control their body temperature. They are put in incubators to keep them warm so that they do not have to fight to keep warm. As far as the size of her head, I recommend asking one of the nicu nurses for measurements and go from there. My son was 3lbs 8oz and his head was actually smaller than his 2lb 11oz room buddy. My prayers are with your friend and her family.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:32

Keeping them in our prayers...

I have a couple packs of the 4 inch crochet headbands for the waffle beanies. These can be used for preemies (unless she is REALLY small. then they could be loose.

pm me if interested, I sometimes loose track of these threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammamia921 View Post
I have a really good friend who had her baby at 26 weeks yesterday. Hannah is 2lbs 2oz. What size headband and or fabric do you use for such little babies? Is it too much (weight) to add a flower to it? Can you get the infant beanies in preemie size? PLEASE Help!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg