Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-21-2010, 12:32

Default singed flowers - cutting the fabric

Hi All - Does anyone have any recommendations on the most efficient way to cut the fabric for singed flowers. I am kind of on this symmetrical kick right now, so I would like the pieces to be as circular as possible. Is there some sort of cutter out there? What do you all do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
Jessica
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2010, 01:01

Default Re: singed flowers - cutting the fabric

i got an original sizzix on Craigslist for cheap! the bad part is that you will spend $$ getting the cartridges i use the circle dies and they are perfectly cut. when we GTG, i can bring it and you can test it out to see if it is what you may like

otherwise, i used to just fold and cut manually.

hey - did you get my PM!????
Old 07-21-2010, 01:15

I was wondering the same thing. I seen a rotary cutter on the Joanns website for 24.99 I think. If anyone has some great info I would appreciate as well.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:19

I trace all of my circles on the fabric and then layer the fabric up. I layer it up as many times as I can. Then I use straight pins to pin all the fabric together so that they will stay in place. And then I cut the circles out. If its a thicker fabric, I have to do fewer circles at a time, but for the most part its pretty easy to cut. And since you are going to singe the edges anyway, they don't have to be COMPLETELY perfect. I don't have to buy any extra equipment and it gets the job done.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:23

I turn over 2 different size cups and trace the circle. Then I make a paper template. I line up the fabric and use a straight pin to pin it and then I cut the layers.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:21

I fold it so there are 8 layers; then pin all the edges. Trace shapes all over the fabric and pin between each of the shapes. Once I have them all pinned and traced, then I cut out all the shapes at once. I have my shapes all precut in ziplocs waiting for me to singe. I use the same templates for each flower (shapes cut out of cutting board material).
Old 07-22-2010, 11:46

I have the circular rotary cutter from Olfa. Got it at JoAnns when it was on sale 50% off for about $13. It is totally worth every penny I paid for it. Be sure and buy a couple of replacement blades, the polyester burns through them pretty quickly.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52

i just cut different size circles(tracing circular objects) onto foam so that I could always have those as templates, then lightly trace them onto my fabric and cut. I wish there was some sort of fabric hole punch or something lol
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif