http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-18-2010, 10:03

Default Re: I feel so defeated......

Please dont feel that way. I just did mine two days ago and guess what. Every single one of them lifted. I made some bottlecaps before without problem and now i lost all of them. I used Xyron too and Eviro lite. But i use a brush the first time to spread the eviro and i didnt use it this time around.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2010, 10:26

Christi's caps are wonderful! I bought some from her a while back and there were great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by designsbycristi View Post
No no, don't be done with the Xyron. It is your friend. Chances are that you just need a new cartridge. If your using one that is old, the sticky stuff will diminish over time. Try getting a new cartridge before giving up. Also, a lighter is the best thing to blow the bubles out with. I use a wind resistant lighter so the flame doesn't go all over the place. Most ladies do not put the ET over the edge of the cap/image. It is way to messy. If the Xyron cartridge is new, the image shouldn't lift on you. I mean yes if you really really try you can get it off but I've been doing caps for 2 years now and sell them in boutiques across the US and don't have problems with my images coming off and have never had a shop owner complain that a customer brought a cap back because the image came off!

HTH,

Cristi
Old 07-18-2010, 10:45

It's meee!!!!! The girl that CAN'T do a bottle cap to save her life!!!! I've used Xyron...yes new and yes permanent, and I've used Mod Podge, I've wiped the caps down with alcohol and let them dry completely and they still lift. I still have no clue what I'm doing wrong. You've all heard my story about the collection of adhesives, glazes, resins and sealers I've tried and how many images and caps I've runied so I won't go over that again. For now I've bought a few caps so I can do a some bows and necklaces. I'll try to get back to trying the caps again when the humidity is not so high and I have more time but for now I have a nice collection of bottle caps, images and all the stuff to make them sitting in my craft room. I so wish someone lived close enough to me to show me what I'm doing wrong.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:20

Those of you who use the Mod Podge and put it over your image as well...does it not turn your pictures colors? I did one last night that had some white in the picture and when I covered it with Mod Podge the white turned kind of pink. Also, when I put the Mod Podge over the image it kind of dulls the image. At first I thought it was because I was printing them from my HP printer at home, but I even sent them to Wal-Mart and it still does it. I think I have a matte finish Mod Podge so did I get the wrong thing? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:16

Yea I love the zyron but the images lift everytime I have used it. Even if you think they work then after a few weeks the lift. i also tried gluing the images with a glue stick as someone else mentioned and it also lifted. E6000 is the only thing I tried that stayed but it also is lumpy when you glue down.....
Old 07-20-2010, 09:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinaj27 View Post
Those of you who use the Mod Podge and put it over your image as well...does it not turn your pictures colors? I did one last night that had some white in the picture and when I covered it with Mod Podge the white turned kind of pink. Also, when I put the Mod Podge over the image it kind of dulls the image. At first I thought it was because I was printing them from my HP printer at home, but I even sent them to Wal-Mart and it still does it. I think I have a matte finish Mod Podge so did I get the wrong thing? Thanks in advance!
I use my HP printer, too. I use matte photo paper and I've found that when I print, I just use the regular print setting, using the setting for photo paper makes a messy image, too much ink. Using the normal setting is fine by me, saves ink!

I use Plaid's Mod Podge Gloss-Lustre - just because I already had it, came in some kit I bought.

I love love the ease of the stick on resins...however they do not hide the mod podge brush strokes, where as the et-lite will.

I'd like to know how to minimize or eliminate those brush strokes, seems like no matter what I use, I end up with those.

ISO: manners
Old 07-20-2010, 11:39

I use Mod Podge and ET lite, and I've never had a problem with them lifting. I do not put Mod Podge on top. I've never tried it......I know it says it dries clear, but it just seems wrong to me, to brush white stuff over the top of the image! lol Silly, I know. I try to glue my images down at least several hours before pouring the resin, so I know that the glue is really set. Then, with the ET lite, I do go over the edges, at least a bit. I make sure it has completely covered the edge of the image and the around the top edge of the cap, so I know that you couldn't get a finger nail between the image and the cap---it's all sealed. Sometimes the resin does run down the edges of the cap, but I just clean it up as best as I can. Sometimes I get thin drops of resin hanging off the bottom edge of the cap after it's all dry, but I just take my finger nail and rip it off. It's thin and flexible and comes right off----and, I know the image isn't going anywhere!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:03

Its good to know i'm not the only one battling with these bottlecaps!!! LOL I haven't tried to do them again just yet. I really don't want to spend my time doing them for them to end up ruined AGAIN!!!! Ugh!!! Maybe when the kids go down for a nap i'll get brave!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynneybelle View Post
I use Mod Podge and ET lite, and I've never had a problem with them lifting. I do not put Mod Podge on top. I've never tried it......I know it says it dries clear, but it just seems wrong to me, to brush white stuff over the top of the image! lol Silly, I know. I try to glue my images down at least several hours before pouring the resin, so I know that the glue is really set. Then, with the ET lite, I do go over the edges, at least a bit. I make sure it has completely covered the edge of the image and the around the top edge of the cap, so I know that you couldn't get a finger nail between the image and the cap---it's all sealed. Sometimes the resin does run down the edges of the cap, but I just clean it up as best as I can. Sometimes I get thin drops of resin hanging off the bottom edge of the cap after it's all dry, but I just take my finger nail and rip it off. It's thin and flexible and comes right off----and, I know the image isn't going anywhere!
So you do not seal your image and they are okay? I had just read on here that you needed to seal the image before you put the ET on top. I hated putting the Mod Podge over the top of my image too. It made it less vibrant and of course left the paint brush strokes from applying it. Will give this another try.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:30

I also suggest getting a new cartridge, I've tried Mod Podge and all of my images lifted. Once I switched to the sticker maker no more problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2divas View Post
Thank you Cristi!! I'm gonna try to use the mod podge first and see how that works. I will try to get a new cartridge when we a little more money in, darn group buys!!! lol

Lace Rompers/Pant/Bloomers/Hats, Rosette Ribbon NEW COLORS, Rosette Mesh Trim, Shabby Chiffon Flowers, Glitter Elastic Are Now In STOCK..more items coming soon.
www.ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale.com
Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/432068236823110/
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg