Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-16-2010, 11:56

Default Know what the E in E6000 Stands for

EEEEEEEEEEEEvil

Ok so imagine if you will, it is late at night in the basement studio of Three Blessings Bowtique, our lone bowmaker is quietly singing flowers and making bottle cap necklaces. She discovers that her Amazing E6000 clear adhesive tube is stopped up, as is the norm. As she is trying to unclog the illgotten design of the tube, she feels a sudden release of pressure in the tube and looks down to find a lap full of the sinister, foul smelling goo. She had long suspected the adhesive had diabolical tendencies but this lap full of thick skin eating gunk confirmed her suspisions. Something smelled, well not fishy, but adhesivy and she knew, just knew (as one does) that the E6000 was indeed out to get her.........the visuals for your contemplation......

Her upper legs were chemically burned and as she washed off the still wet glue in the shower, her urge to scream in pain was only squelled by the knowledge that her sweet little angels were sleeping nearby.

Upon waking, still sore and red, she contacted the creator of this devilish concoction to relay to them the afore mentioned incident and emplore hem to work on divising a plan for amending the dispersment method.

As a warning to her fellow craft jockeys, she would like to say.......

"Check the tube before counting your chickens as it may be hatching in the wrong direction."
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:01

Default Re: Know what the E in E6000 Stands for

I feel your frustrations! It happens to me all the time(the glue coming out the other end). But I've never had it irratate my skins before(knock on wood). I'm going to make sure I don't find out either!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3girls123 View Post
I feel your frustrations! It happens to me all the time(the glue coming out the other end). But I've never had it irratate my skins before(knock on wood). I'm going to make sure I don't find out either!
this was a new tube mind you so it was almost all the glue that came out
Old 07-17-2010, 12:06

And people think bow making is for the weak!

Ouch!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
this was a new tube mind you so it was almost all the glue that came out
OMGosh! That sucks! Mine only happens after messing with it a few times. I tink the company should replsace it for you in that case! I mean you now have to go and buy another tube because of their poor packaging. That would piss me off so bad!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:12

I do not use it all that often, so I have only went through 4 or 5 tubes since I started making bows, but I have never had this happen! I hope that rash goes away!

I also hope the company starts making the tubes more reliable!

Krista
Old 07-17-2010, 12:36

I just have to say I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Very well told! I especially loved the last line

I dont really use E6000 so I dont know much about it. But I hope they compensate you in some way. That is just not cool!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
I do not use it all that often, so I have only went through 4 or 5 tubes since I started making bows, but I have never had this happen! I hope that rash goes away!

I also hope the company starts making the tubes more reliable!

Krista
It actually isnt a rash, it is blood blisters after 24 hours
Old 07-17-2010, 12:56

Wow....your story was very riveting..... I much enjoyed it I am sorry this happened to you. I wear gloves now due to a similar situation with my first tube. I actually used diaper rash cream from aveeno on my rash... It helped.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurssy View Post
Wow....your story was very riveting..... I much enjoyed it I am sorry this happened to you. I wear gloves now due to a similar situation with my first tube. I actually used diaper rash cream from aveeno on my rash... It helped.
Dont have gloves for my lap tho......lol

and we are LOOONG past diaper rash cream
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults