New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-16-2010, 09:40

Default Cotton Webbing?

I was told that webbing would be super strong for making my paci clips? Would that be cotton webbing or is there some other type of webbing I should use?

I feel like people are pulling my leg at times (no one here) because a few other people told me it wasn't for that and no type of webbing would work. I feel like they don't want me to figure out something that works ( again, it's no one here, just some people I met quite a few years back online when I was sewing more).

I'm tired of it, I just want to get to the bottom of if this will work or not, before I continue to spend my hard earned money on things that don't hold up. don't want to sew them either. I've tried every glue under the sun and many other things.

So sick of it. Sorry to be a bummer, I'm just tired of spending weeks on figuring this out.

Last edited by angelbabyz; 07-16-2010 at 09:42.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 07-16-2010, 03:07

Default Re: Cotton Webbing?

Sigh.....bump
Old 07-16-2010, 03:17

Hi, no webbing for paci clips!.

For paci clips just use grosgrain ribbon.

hang on I'll get you some instructions..BRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabyz View Post
I was told that webbing would be super strong for making my paci clips? Would that be cotton webbing or is there some other type of webbing I should use?

I feel like people are pulling my leg at times (no one here) because a few other people told me it wasn't for that and no type of webbing would work. I feel like they don't want me to figure out something that works ( again, it's no one here, just some people I met quite a few years back online when I was sewing more).

I'm tired of it, I just want to get to the bottom of if this will work or not, before I continue to spend my hard earned money on things that don't hold up. don't want to sew them either. I've tried every glue under the sun and many other things.

So sick of it. Sorry to be a bummer, I'm just tired of spending weeks on figuring this out.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:19

Okay...

here is the instructions..

BUT...I don't use satin..I think it gets too wrinkly and dirty looking

I use grosgrain ribbon and then you don't need the stabilizer shown in the directions.

You can either use the velcro or the snaps.

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/pacifier_clips.html

HTH!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:24

I'm so sorry, I meant I need new ideas to bond the ribbon together when making the paci clips (some people sew them, some use glue...others use heat method. I'd love to know of a heat method way). I know how to make paci clips though.

Make sense?

A few people (not on here) told me to take cotton webbing and iron it where I want to bond the ribbon together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosser View Post
Okay...

here is the instructions..

BUT...I don't use satin..I think it gets too wrinkly and dirty looking

I use grosgrain ribbon and then you don't need the stabilizer shown in the directions.

You can either use the velcro or the snaps.

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/pacifier_clips.html

HTH!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:34

Yup, Mika is right grosgrain ribbon (satin ribbon doesn't seem to hold up as well) for paci clips and snaps or velcro. I use webbing for my key fobs...I sew ribbon on it to make them look pretty. A pretty good seller for me...you don't have to use the webbing for the key fobs either. There are lots of ways of doing these things, but I must admit I have never seen a paci clip made with webbing...then again I haven't seen everything.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:46

I always sew mine. I just feel it will hold better that way, it's for a baby or a toddler and I want to make sure it isn't going to come apart, ya know. I am so paranoid about putting things out to the public that may not last or may not look just right. My friends say I'm too picky, but that's just me. If it has my name on it/came from my booth I have to be proud of it. Glue and heat are great for some things, but I personally think these need to be sewn...sorry if some of you use other methods I don't mean to step on toes here...I'm sure yours hold up fine this is just my opinion.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:49

Right, I don't use cotton webbing for making the paci clips, I use grosgrain also. I was told that webbing would work for bonding the ribbon together where I need to bond it together.

I will use snaps on one end, where the pacifier will go, the other end is where I need to bond it together, where I attach the suspender clip.

I just need some other ideas then glue, sewing etc them together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Crafts View Post
Yup, Mika is right grosgrain ribbon (satin ribbon doesn't seem to hold up as well) for paci clips and snaps or velcro. I use webbing for my key fobs...I sew ribbon on it to make them look pretty. A pretty good seller for me...you don't have to use the webbing for the key fobs either. There are lots of ways of doing these things, but I must admit I have never seen a paci clip made with webbing...then again I haven't seen everything.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:55

I hear ya, I'm the same way! lol

I have been searching for a heat method I know is out there (just don't know what it is called), for a few weeks now ( or another method).
But I should probably give up.
I hate giving up, ticks me off when I have to give up, lol.

I may just end up sewing them, I just don't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Crafts View Post
I always sew mine. I just feel it will hold better that way, it's for a baby or a toddler and I want to make sure it isn't going to come apart, ya know. I am so paranoid about putting things out to the public that may not last or may not look just right. My friends say I'm too picky, but that's just me. If it has my name on it/came from my booth I have to be proud of it. Glue and heat are great for some things, but I personally think these need to be sewn...sorry if some of you use other methods I don't mean to step on toes here...I'm sure yours hold up fine this is just my opinion.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:18

I hear ya on the not wanting to give up. I'm the same way. I say go for the sewing for now...depending on when you need the paci clips and continue to search for the heat method. I'm having that problem with bottle caps. I can't make a bottle cap to save my life. I have a BIG collection of resins, glazes, adhesives, sealers and on and on. Can't tell you how many bottle caps I have ruined and how many pages of images I have printed and had printed. I have been playing around with these things for close to a year. Right now I just don't have time to play I have shows to get ready for but I'll get back to them again. I will NOT let these things defeat me. Probably by the time I finally figure it out they will not be popular any longer but I'm not giving up on them. I will learn how to make bottle caps and make them well.
Sponsored Links

Tags
webbing