http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-14-2010, 08:23

Default My "new" headband display for around $8

it is a precut 2" long strip of 4" diameter pvc pipe, covered with low density batting and then over that I used a 200 thread count black pillow case and rolled it around, sewed the back seam, coverd that with ribbon and pulled the excess to the top, twisted it closed, wrapped with ribbon and then made the bow with the flower and VOILA, $8 later a headband holder

I made two of them in about 15 minutes, used the low density batting about 4 thicknesses, just folded it and glued the seam to the pvc and then too eachother, didnt need to be pretty as it was covered.

Used a Queen sized pillow case so I had enough to make the thingy at the top. The best part of this, no hemming, only hand sewn on the back and the ribbon is glued over that so you dont even have to make that purty

I used the white pvc as it was half the cost of the back, the batting is great as it has enough give to "grip" the headbands so they dont slide around, fits all sizes and types of headbands that I have (which is a LOT)

Oh and yes, it stands perfectly on the floor or on my table with my drape over it so it is very easy and convienent

have fun

Last edited by ThreeBlessingsBowtique; 07-14-2010 at 08:27.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2010, 08:51

Default Re: My "new" headband display for around $8

Wow! Great idea and looks awesome. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:53

Awesome! Is it sturdy enough that wind can't knock it over?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:19

great idea! I need to make some this weekend!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:27

Very COOL! I hadn't thought of pvc pipe...genius! Looks great too.

Hmm, I wonder if I could use fabric and just tuck the ends inside the pipe for a horizontal display. BUT, with the tower effect you have, it makes better use of space, so maybe not.

www.ribbonzandbowz.com
Old 07-14-2010, 09:30

i made two of these for my last show and E600'd a piece of wood to the bottom (i love e6000)! wind did not move them! i love how cheap they are to make and easy!

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 07-14-2010, 10:57

you always have the best ideas!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:01

This is the kind of sharing that makes HG great!!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post

it is a precut 2" long strip of 4" diameter pvc pipe, covered with low density batting and then over that I used a 200 thread count black pillow case and rolled it around, sewed the back seam, coverd that with ribbon and pulled the excess to the top, twisted it closed, wrapped with ribbon and then made the bow with the flower and VOILA, $8 later a headband holder

I made two of them in about 15 minutes, used the low density batting about 4 thicknesses, just folded it and glued the seam to the pvc and then too eachother, didnt need to be pretty as it was covered.

Used a Queen sized pillow case so I had enough to make the thingy at the top. The best part of this, no hemming, only hand sewn on the back and the ribbon is glued over that so you dont even have to make that purty

I used the white pvc as it was half the cost of the back, the batting is great as it has enough give to "grip" the headbands so they dont slide around, fits all sizes and types of headbands that I have (which is a LOT)

Oh and yes, it stands perfectly on the floor or on my table with my drape over it so it is very easy and convienent

have fun

Sorry, but I assume you mean 2' long piece of PVC pipe, not 2". Just want to make sure I'm not missing something. It's a great idea!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:03

What a great idea! That will showcase your headbands awesomely! Great job!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.