new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-13-2010, 09:03

Default Cheer bows

I am going to try and make competitive cheer bows. I have the instructions to do it, just wondering if anyone knows where i can find the sequin fabric at a cheap price. Oh yeah, and maybe you could leave encouragement....I do not know if this will be a success. Also, if you know an alternative to the sequin fabric please let me know!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 07-13-2010, 11:07

Default Re: Cheer bows

I guess it would depend on the look. I have a squad I'm trying out some metallic ribbon I bought through this site (hipgirl) because they are wanting to get away from the sequins. syfabrics.com was fast shipping and decent prices. If you have a Joann's near I would probably buy some from them first with a coupon.

Good luck with your endeavors! Cheer bows can be a very rewarding and profitable experience!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmcsparran View Post
I am going to try and make competitive cheer bows. I have the instructions to do it, just wondering if anyone knows where i can find the sequin fabric at a cheap price. Oh yeah, and maybe you could leave encouragement....I do not know if this will be a success. Also, if you know an alternative to the sequin fabric please let me know!
Good luck! You'll have to post pictures when you've finished your creations!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:26

I also agree with Sy Fabrics. Their prices are fair and shipping to your door is within a week. If you do have a JoAnn's nearby, I too would suggest using them with a coupon first. Normally by the time I factor in the shipping costs, I would spend about the same amount if I were just to buy the fabric at JoAnn's.

I just finished a cheer camp bow order. 122 bows in two weeks. Man are my hands tired. One bow had sequins and metallic spandex. It was their theme day bow. We called it the "Gaga Bow". Loved the bow, but it was a lot of work.

Good luck to you in launching your cheer bow business. I'm trying to build mine. Last year I did two Pop Warner programs and my daughter's high school teams for winter cheer. Crossing my fingers now to build on that success. It's a lot of fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gaga Bow.jpg (67.5 KB, 155 views)
Old 07-14-2010, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
I also agree with Sy Fabrics. Their prices are fair and shipping to your door is within a week. If you do have a JoAnn's nearby, I too would suggest using them with a coupon first. Normally by the time I factor in the shipping costs, I would spend about the same amount if I were just to buy the fabric at JoAnn's.

I just finished a cheer camp bow order. 122 bows in two weeks. Man are my hands tired. One bow had sequins and metallic spandex. It was their theme day bow. We called it the "Gaga Bow". Loved the bow, but it was a lot of work.

Good luck to you in launching your cheer bow business. I'm trying to build mine. Last year I did two Pop Warner programs and my daughter's high school teams for winter cheer. Crossing my fingers now to build on that success. It's a lot of fun.

I love your bow!!!--I had to laugh when I saw the name of your bow--Gaga bow--the name of my bow business is GAGA'S BOWS- my grandkids call me gaga--long before lady gaga...lol --I am making 105 cheer bows for their elementary school, and I am using the glitter ribbon down the middle instead of the metallic fabric and I am attaching it with the double-sided tape- hopefully it does well.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by granna View Post
I love your bow!!!--I had to laugh when I saw the name of your bow--Gaga bow--the name of my bow business is GAGA'S BOWS- my grandkids call me gaga--long before lady gaga...lol --I am making 105 cheer bows for their elementary school, and I am using the glitter ribbon down the middle instead of the metallic fabric and I am attaching it with the double-sided tape- hopefully it does well.
Hahahahahaha! Seems you were a trendsetter.

Have you used the double-sided tape before? I never have and I am trying to figure out if it would be worth my while. Bow season is coming and if it works that well, it would be a huge time saver.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:16

I made one last night with the double sided tape and it really did good-I use the tape alot! It really holds well for me on clippes - if it holds really well on metal clips it should really do well on ribbon!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by granna View Post
I made one last night with the double sided tape and it really did good-I use the tape alot! It really holds well for me on clippes - if it holds really well on metal clips it should really do well on ribbon!
Thanks for the plug on the double-sided tape. That's it! I'm going to try it out this weekend on yet another sample bow.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:57

Here is a picture of the cheer bow that I made for my daughters team. They look prettier than the picture. I had to crop a picture taken at competition because I have lost my camera cord. It was done w/ the sequins fabric and heat and bond. They wanted their bows long.
I got my sequins ribbon at walmart and hobby lobby.
~Kim~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3346.JPG (18.9 KB, 153 views)

www.my3angelwings.com
Old 07-14-2010, 11:51

Wink Re: Cheer bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post

Awesome picture! I see why they loved them!! Do you need to fuse the metallic spandex material like the sequin material? Also what was your price (if you don't mind) that you got for this beautiful bow? I'm new to this but very excited to maybe get some business going in my area. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links