New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-14-2010, 12:10

Default Re: Cheer bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlucas4 View Post
Here is a picture of the cheer bow that I made for my daughters team. They look prettier than the picture. I had to crop a picture taken at competition because I have lost my camera cord. It was done w/ the sequins fabric and heat and bond. They wanted their bows long.
I got my sequins ribbon at walmart and hobby lobby.
~Kim~
That is a beautiful bow! Unfortunately, Upstate NY does not have a Hobby Lobby (I hear great things on this board about them) and Walmart is phasing out of selling fabric (BOOOOOOO!).
Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2010, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
That is a beautiful bow! Unfortunately, Upstate NY does not have a Hobby Lobby (I hear great things on this board about them) and Walmart is phasing out of selling fabric (BOOOOOOO!).
I know that Joanns sells it too. It was just a little more expensive and I did not have a coupon like I usually do. Otherwise I would have gotten it from there.

www.my3angelwings.com
Old 07-14-2010, 02:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaNannetteBoutique View Post
Awesome picture! I see why they loved them!! Do you need to fuse the metallic spandex material like the sequin material? Also what was your price (if you don't mind) that you got for this beautiful bow? I'm new to this but very excited to maybe get some business going in my area. Thanks for your help.
I do the sequins and spandex the same way all fused to grosgrain ribbon. I charged the camp squad $19.00 per package. This was a four bow package. Three were plain grosgrain bows and the "Gaga Bow" was for theme day.

I gave them a discounted rate because it's my daughter's cheer team. However if charged separately, I normally charge $4.00 per bow for a plain grosgrain bow.

My sequin bows start at $10.00 and that is a very basic 7/8 strip of sequins attached to grosgrain.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
I do the sequins and spandex the same way all fused to grosgrain ribbon. I charged the camp squad $19.00 per package. This was a four bow package. Three were plain grosgrain bows and the "Gaga Bow" was for theme day.

I gave them a discounted rate because it's my daughter's cheer team. However if charged separately, I normally charge $4.00 per bow for a plain grosgrain bow.

My sequin bows start at $10.00 and that is a very basic 7/8 strip of sequins attached to grosgrain.

Hope that helps.
Helped out immensely!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaNannetteBoutique View Post
Helped out immensely!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Good luck to you in your order. I hope it all goes well.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:10

And the sequin ribbon is fabric cut to size? I received a request here in NJ for the local cheer team. I have a sample and am searching for the sequin ribbon, but I think what most people are saying is to buy the fabric and cut to size, right?

Thanks so much!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimilenc View Post
And the sequin ribbon is fabric cut to size? I received a request here in NJ for the local cheer team. I have a sample and am searching for the sequin ribbon, but I think what most people are saying is to buy the fabric and cut to size, right?

Thanks so much!
I was able to find sequin ribbon at HL. I was only able to do 3 bows out of it. I wonder how much more you can do with a yard of fabric. I cut my ribbon at 24 in and for bigger ones I do 27 in. My first one was a success, I can't wait to get better at it! Thanks everyone for your input!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmcsparran View Post
I was able to find sequin ribbon at HL. I was only able to do 3 bows out of it. I wonder how much more you can do with a yard of fabric. I cut my ribbon at 24 in and for bigger ones I do 27 in. My first one was a success, I can't wait to get better at it! Thanks everyone for your input!
Depending on the size ribbon you are looking for, my experience with sequined fabric is a little goes a very long way. Much more economical to use the sequined fabric rather than ribbon in my experience.

Hope you'll post a pic of your bow.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:55

Hello! I make cheer bows also and I get my fabric from dollarfabric.com. The guy is super nice and easy to work with. They offer a lot of different colors too. I charged $10 this year because the bows I made for my daughter's team had 4 layers and were quite time consuming! Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0612.jpg (29.9 KB, 61 views)
Old 07-22-2010, 12:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyd1119 View Post
Hello! I make cheer bows also and I get my fabric from dollarfabric.com. The guy is super nice and easy to work with. They offer a lot of different colors too. I charged $10 this year because the bows I made for my daughter's team had 4 layers and were quite time consuming! Good luck!
Did you give them a discount because it's your daughter's team?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies