New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-13-2010, 04:59

Default Gator-Bite Help

So I finally got the Gator-Bite in the mail the other day, and I can't figure out how to use it to save my life. My creases are okay without the tool, but horrible with it. It didn't come with any instructions. I looked at the video clip online, but it doesn't go into much detail. Can anyone give me some tips? I am currently sewing on my NBNG templates, pulling off, then putting in the Gator-Bite and attempting to tie off with embroidery thread (I don't have any organza ribbon right now). Thanks in advance for any advice!

ETA: I am attaching a picture so maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. The bows on the left are creased and tied just by hand, the bow on the right was tied using the gator-bite. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I didn't think I would have such a hard time with this $20 clip!
(sorry for the poor-quality pictures)

July 2010 058.jpg
July 2010 057.jpg

Last edited by MsGeorgia; 07-14-2010 at 12:27.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2010, 12:29

Default Re: Gator-Bite Help

Anyone?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:45

I looked at ordering that too- glad to have read your post before I did. I've yet to see any instructions for using it, so I'll be checking back to see if someone helps us both out.

smiles,
gina
Old 07-16-2010, 04:50

Sorry I'm no help because do my creasing by hand. I've never bought a template or gator bite.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:14

You Tube...search "hair bow", there are a couple of videos of a lady using it
Old 07-16-2010, 09:35

there are videos on u tube

http://www.youtube.com/user/lambproducts
I did want to try the gator bite, but can't bring my self to pay that much

I agree with learning without any "aids" this way if they get lost you can still make bows the old school way

Hope this helps
Old 07-17-2010, 01:54

Thumbs down Re: Gator-Bite Help

I know, I have watched all the videos several times. But that is just not how I learn. I need some step-by-step written instructions that answer questions such as: Where do I pull up the organze, in the front or the back of the bow? What type of knot is she using on the video because my bow comes apart because the grip is not tight enough. I'm just so confused and I believe this bowmaker "system" should have came with an instruction booklet!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:17

The main thing I crease with is my gator bite. You have to make sure that the "x" of the bow middle is centered in the gator bite. Then I use crochet thread yarn to tie them off.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 07-17-2010, 03:53

I love my gator bite! I just ordered the BBM ultimate set and can't wait to get it. Back to the gator bite. I didn't have any problems with it. I use the little 'template' that you can get with it that measures and shows you where to fold. Then I just put it on and I always press a little bit to get more creases then tie of with the ribbon. What are you having problems with?
Old 07-17-2010, 03:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGeorgia View Post
I know, I have watched all the videos several times. But that is just not how I learn. I need some step-by-step written instructions that answer questions such as: Where do I pull up the organze, in the front or the back of the bow? What type of knot is she using on the video because my bow comes apart because the grip is not tight enough. I'm just so confused and I believe this bowmaker "system" should have came with an instruction booklet!
I tie the organza in the back, so that the knot is in the back of the bow. I just tie a normal knot, nothing fancy and haven't had any come loose. It takes a bit of practice to hold down the gator bite and tie a tight knot at the same time.
Sponsored Links