5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-13-2010, 05:49

Default what can I do with these?

OK well to start with I am HOPELESS at making bows but I guess I just need some more practise.

So I made these ones last night and I didn't think they turned out TOO bad. They are made from 3/8 ribbon and I do think the tails are a bit short but that was my fault for cutting one too much so I had to even them up.

So....what can I use these for? if I can...I don't mind having to chop the tails off a little bit if they would look better that way. I have been trying to make a boutique bow with some 3/8 ribbon but it just looks weird when placed inside the two other bows...

Any comments will be used wisely!

12072010128.jpg
Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2010, 06:03

Default Re: what can I do with these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brezzamagoo View Post
OK well to start with I am HOPELESS at making bows but I guess I just need some more practise.

So I made these ones last night and I didn't think they turned out TOO bad. They are made from 3/8 ribbon and I do think the tails are a bit short but that was my fault for cutting one too much so I had to even them up.

So....what can I use these for? if I can...I don't mind having to chop the tails off a little bit if they would look better that way. I have been trying to make a boutique bow with some 3/8 ribbon but it just looks weird when placed inside the two other bows...

Any comments will be used wisely!

Attachment 42614
you know, they look like cute little butterflies! I wonder if you could put a little snippet of korker ribbon in the centers for the body?

And as funny as it is, I can make darn near every kind of bow out there (except for cheer bows, which I have not yet tried) but I won't put big, giant bows on my daughter. It isn't my taste. I like understated. Simple tuxedo style clippy bows are my favorites. Those are just simple 1.5" to 2" loops of 5/8 or 7/8 grosgrain cinched up the middle to give it a crease, glued on a clip and wrapped with a center. So cute. And those can be used over teeny toddler piggies, or to pin back sideswept bangs.

Oh, and you should see some of my training bows! *shudders*

Old 07-13-2010, 06:57

I guess they do look Butterfly-ish!

My problem is i am overly anal which annoys me because if something isn't 110% perfect then I won't be happy with it. I guess thats a good this for my customers though!

I agree about the big bows, sometimes I look at these poor little babies with MASSSSSSIVE OTT bows on them and I think it spoils them to be honest. I think I might have to look at getting some wider ribbon then and maybe the bows will look better.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:40

Do you make tiny tuxedo bows too? I started trying to make some, but the centre is thinner than the snap clips. I am wondering if there is something else I can put it on?

And I agree, you definitely have them makings for a butterfly. Or else, maybe if you cut off the tails and made a few more you could put them together and make a flower. Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
you know, they look like cute little butterflies! I wonder if you could put a little snippet of korker ribbon in the centers for the body?

And as funny as it is, I can make darn near every kind of bow out there (except for cheer bows, which I have not yet tried) but I won't put big, giant bows on my daughter. It isn't my taste. I like understated. Simple tuxedo style clippy bows are my favorites. Those are just simple 1.5" to 2" loops of 5/8 or 7/8 grosgrain cinched up the middle to give it a crease, glued on a clip and wrapped with a center. So cute. And those can be used over teeny toddler piggies, or to pin back sideswept bangs.

Oh, and you should see some of my training bows! *shudders*
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg