Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-11-2010, 10:31

Default Need Ideas, I'm stumped

So I'm using sheet and grosgrain for my korkers, but I need ideas for other things to use to make korkers. Do any of you use satin? I'm thinking it would melt?

I have a craft show coming up and I hope to get some ideas for korkers, that maybe others won't have.

What are other things you all use?

Thanks so much for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2010, 10:59

Default Re: Need Ideas, I'm stumped

You can kork just about anything that is polyester. Satin does kork but it's softer and can lose it's shape over time. It's cute in the loopy bows or over the top where you're only using a few pieces. Check the ribbon with a lighter, if it seals you can kork it
Old 07-11-2010, 11:03

I always thought about buying those little sprigs of artificial flowers like baby's breath or other little flowers and figuring out how to include them in with my korkers ...or I thought little snippets of frayed denim would be adorable in a blue korker...or...feathers... I dunno..just a couple ideas
Old 07-12-2010, 11:14

I wish I could help. I have had trouble with some ribbons that lose their shape. So I just try lots of different color combos but after time it gets hard to do new stuff!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:18

I have been using 1/4 satin ribbon for my corkers and they look cute. I spray all mine with stiff stuff so they keep there shape.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:16

I've seen rickrack used for korkers. Turned out really cute.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:33

Funny you say that. lol.

I tried some ric rack I had in my sewing stash this last weekend, and well....it was nylon, I didn't realize it was at the time....needless to say, it melted. lol.

I threw the dowel and everything in the garbage and then took the garbage out. The dowel had stuck through the garbage bag, and my husband pulled the dowel out, took off the rick rac ( like an hour after that happened) and brought it in. It was hilarious, it was stiff as a board. Need to look for polyester rick rac when I try it again.

I experimented with shoelaces this weekend (i know, weird). I got some cute pink camo ones at Walmart, cut the ends off and tried them. They did ok, but they're kind of wide so I don't know if they'll work well. The curl stays, but I'm not sure it will stay once I am working with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiltonclan4 View Post
I've seen rickrack used for korkers. Turned out really cute.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfireshortie View Post
I always thought about buying those little sprigs of artificial flowers like baby's breath or other little flowers and figuring out how to include them in with my korkers ...or I thought little snippets of frayed denim would be adorable in a blue korker...or...feathers... I dunno..just a couple ideas
Going along the same line, what about rhinestones? You can find some that are wired for wedding and floral arrangements. That would add a fun twist!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:56

Could you put the ric rac in without curling it so that it gave a different effect....now I think I may have to try it.

Saddle stitch (the ones from Michael's at least) seem to not hold curl for me.

Other than that I have no ideas for you except to use smaller ribbon than 3/8 and I've heard of people using square dowels.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:06

[QUOTE=angelbabyz;630435]Funny you say that. lol.

(snip) I experimented with shoelaces this weekend (i know, weird). I got some cute pink camo ones at Walmart, cut the ends off and tried them. (snip)

I am sooo going to go kork up some shoestrings!

smiles,
gina
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg

Tags
korkers, ribbon