Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-14-2010, 09:43

Default Re: A couple of questions about wipe cases..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jos77 View Post
Very nice, I like the fabric. I won't dare post pics of my 1st, lol.

My question is, where do you find all the pretty colored gimp?? I can only find the white, black, tan, navy. I want bright colors, purple, hot pink, etc..

Thanks!

Girls i have seen some with rick rac around the borders and they look great. Just anther option if you cant find the gimp.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 07-14-2010, 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenasbowtique View Post
Not to hijack this thread but here is a pic of my personal wipe case. This was my 1st & I still need LOTS of practice!! Super EASY to just add ribbon & a flower though!!!
Love it!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:49

I buy mine at kmart, they are much cheaper then anywhere else. While covering them I pull the wipes out and put them in a sealed bag.

Right now on etsy I sell them for 13, I plan to bump that up to 15 when the market gets a little better. Personally I don't like to make them because I am a perfectionist and every little bump or crinkle bothers me. My sister on the other hand doesn't mind making them so I let her do it.

Here is a photo of one of mine.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
This is why I haven't made them yet.
Yup! I use ribbon not the decorative trim because I bought one of these cases at a craft show and within a week the decorative trim caught on everything and eventially fell off.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlucas4 View Post
Your wipe case turned out cute. Where did you get your fabric and gimp from? They are very pretty.
~Kim~
Thank you I bought my fabric and trim from Hobby Lobby... I am going to Joann's soon for more fabric.. I like theirs a lot better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbettua View Post
I buy mine at kmart, they are much cheaper then anywhere else. While covering them I pull the wipes out and put them in a sealed bag.

Right now on etsy I sell them for 13, I plan to bump that up to 15 when the market gets a little better. Personally I don't like to make them because I am a perfectionist and every little bump or crinkle bothers me. My sister on the other hand doesn't mind making them so I let her do it.

Here is a photo of one of mine.

Love yours! I didn't have a problem with wrinkles and bumps, but I made sure and pulled the fabric ridiculously tight while I was hot gluing
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 07-14-2010, 03:26

I get Pampers travel wipes cases at Target for $ .97. Much cheaper than the Huggies cases and I like the shape of the Pampers cases better.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:14

I have seen the unfilled cases at Family Dollar and Dollar General. They are the kind that open all the way on top not like the huggies ones. They are $1.00.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:22

I use the gimp trim and have had trouble finding the colors I wanted too. I finally tried painting my trim with acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium, dried on wax paper, BEFORE I attach it to the case. It actually worked pretty well.

But now I've discovered liquid water colors, it's like paint or dye in a squeeze bottle. I just dunk my trim in it, or let it sit if I want the color darker. Dry and attach. GREAT custom colors. Btw, this works best on the gimp I got from Wal-Mart, NOT the gimp from HL.

www.ribbonzandbowz.com
Old 07-22-2010, 09:33

I sell mine for $15 with ribbon and a buckle slide. Once the wipe case is finished I place it in a very clear self sealing bag(papermart) and place my business card in the back. This looks very nice and keeps the wipe case protected from getting dirty. So, with it being in the clear bag I don't leave the wipes inside. If I do and you squeeze the wipe case in the bag then it causes moisture....does that make sense? Oh I purchased most of my Huggie cases from Dollar General, they were a few cents cheaper than Walmart at the time. I don't know if they still are.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:53

I get some of my trim from Papermart, but I get the white or off white from HL and I dye it whatever color that I need. I buy RIT or Dylon permanent fabric from Walmart of HL. I use an old pot and heat up water on my stovetop. After it comes to a slow boil I turn it off and add a little of the dye. Then I put the trim in until its gets the color that I want. Let it dry. It works great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0248.jpg (56.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 2009johnson 085.jpg (110.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Baby 008.jpg (98.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 2009johnson 074.jpg (131.7 KB, 56 views)
Sponsored Links