New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-09-2010, 12:34

Default 3D base help!

I cannot get my 3d base too look right! Can someone please help? when i connect the two loops they seem very far apart.. camera is broke so I cant attach pics
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 07-09-2010, 12:44

Default Re: 3D base help!

3D Base??? Not sure I know what you mean, are you talking about the surrounding loops on a stacked bow?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:51

No its the base for the monster clippies.. I got the tutorial here in the paid subscriptions section.. maybe i should post the question there? Idk.. lol im so lost!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:33

You and me both. I can not get it. And when you put one on top of the other they are nolonger the same size.
HELP-HELP-HELP
Old 07-09-2010, 02:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy View Post
You and me both. I can not get it. And when you put one on top of the other they are nolonger the same size.
HELP-HELP-HELP

YES!! exactly!! Someone please help! lol
Old 07-09-2010, 02:51

I made some for the first time last night. And I had the same problem. I was making about 25 of these. I glued two loops and tried to make one slightly smaller than the other. The smaller one is the one I nestled inside the other loop. So it kind of perked it up and made it look like the same size as the other loop. The fabri-tac glue, and it gives you a little bit of give to adjust it if you need to, as long as you work quickly. So I just made the two loops, adjusted as needed, then glued together. Before moving on the the next one. (I hope that made sense!)

As for them being too far apart, I nestled mine a little closer together than the instructions showed. That seemed to fix the problem. And mine turned out just fine! (or atleast I like to think they looked okay! haha)
Old 07-12-2010, 01:38

Thanks for the tip. That did help cutting the one side smaller, but my pumpkin still looks like a barrel. LOL
Going to try circles inside each other, and see how that one looks.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:23

Ohhh I been there and can exactly remember my frustration ...when I was about to give up I found out that when you roll over the piece with the third ribbon then you can`t notice ...anyway i was never able to master the pumpkin I don`t know why but I can get to do any of the rest but not the pumpkin thats why I started making another type of pumpkin clip as a matter of fact I am making a tut for it right now cause it was one of my best sellers last year. (pic is terrible but it will give you an idea of How much work I decided to go through instead of dealing with the other one LOL) I just said Ok pumpkin you win! LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pumpkin tutorial 037.jpg (21.4 KB, 72 views)
Old 07-12-2010, 03:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat font View Post
Ohhh I been there and can exactly remember my frustration ...when I was about to give up I found out that when you roll over the piece with the third ribbon then you can`t notice ...anyway i was never able to master the pumpkin I don`t know why but I can get to do any of the rest but not the pumpkin thats why I started making another type of pumpkin clip as a matter of fact I am making a tut for it right now cause it was one of my best sellers last year. (pic is terrible but it will give you an idea of How much work I decided to go through instead of dealing with the other one LOL) I just said Ok pumpkin you win! LOL

I love those! Too cute!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
I love those! Too cute!
Thanks! You can make tons of them real quick with a wood burner....I am just finishing a tut for them that I will post FS soon
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies