New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 04:23

Default Bow Bouquet Help (ideas!)

Okay, crafty mommas....

I am making exactly 1 bow bouquet for a Silent Raffle that benefit ECI (Early Childhood Intervention). ECI goes into people's homes to do different types of therapy with kids. It can be physical therapy to help them walk. It can be speech therapy. It can be dietary consulting. The lists goes on... I just think it's a marvelous organization! My son did physical therapy and they came out in the evenings, after work, and worked with my son in our house. I appreciate them for that.

So, back to the task at hand. I am making exactly 1 bow bouquet. I want it to be "A Year of Bows". So...I'm wanting an ecclectic mix of bows that reflect a whole year. Any wonderful ideas?

Question: Since I have no idea who is buying this, I don't know if I should do alligator or french. I have no idea if I should do pigtail sets, pony o's, or single bows. How should i organize this? I really want this organization to make a decent amount of money!

My ideas so far:

Birthday bow
Christmas (need to haul out *that* ribbon since i packed it away!)
Thanksgiving
Halloween
Valentines Day
Easter
July 4th/Patriotic
Football season- maybe local team colors?
Spring korkers? Pigtail set?

Should I put a headband in? Maybe 2 headbands? I don't know!

Also, I want the colors to be beautiful together. I'm a bit concerned of how wild a year's worth of bows would look. You know?
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 03-18-2008, 04:53

Default Re: Bow Bouquet Help (ideas!)

My daughter receives speech therapy for ECI, they are great. Her speech is getting better, she is starting to say more words but just not as clear. I like the fact that they are able to come to the home at a time that is good for the parent. My daughter just had a session this morning.

The Bouquet, I made one for my niece for Christmas. I'll post a pic. I think I had 8 or 10 bows on there, I'm not sure but it turned out great. I didn't have no specific theme. I used all french clips, but she does have a lot of hair. Personally I would put clippies and small bows on alligator clips and bigger bows on french. I like the ideas you have. That is so nice of you to do something like this for them, they deserve it. I hope they raise a lot of money.

Here goes my bouquet:
Bow baquet.jpg
Old 03-18-2008, 06:31

I was working on this myself yesterday. DD's school is having an auction for Habitat for Humanity.

I started making bows, even wrapped the stems with floral tape and then realized that making things to fit a theme on a deadline was not my best work. Ultimately I decided to donate a few pieces of my best work, probably 2 headband korker/bow sets. It's not a cool bouquet, but I found a perfect basket and will arrange everything beautifully.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:09

That bow bouquet is too cute! Thanks for posting the pic. I love seeing all the (finished) creative ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlalex View Post
My daughter receives speech therapy for ECI, they are great. Her speech is getting better, she is starting to say more words but just not as clear. I like the fact that they are able to come to the home at a time that is good for the parent. My daughter just had a session this morning.

The Bouquet, I made one for my niece for Christmas. I'll post a pic. I think I had 8 or 10 bows on there, I'm not sure but it turned out great. I didn't have no specific theme. I used all french clips, but she does have a lot of hair. Personally I would put clippies and small bows on alligator clips and bigger bows on french. I like the ideas you have. That is so nice of you to do something like this for them, they deserve it. I hope they raise a lot of money.

Here goes my bouquet:
Attachment 2191
Old 02-05-2009, 01:27

You could put some of the bug clips in for spring or flwoers. Also, snowman for winter.

Or just some basic colors such as white, black, red, pink...they are always great sellers and so versatile. My sil always says white when I ask her what she needs for my neice.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:06

I've been thinking about making boquets myself and these are just a few of the ideas I've been kicking around.

Birthday - botique bow
Christmas - loopy bow and maybe a Christmas tree clippie
Thanksgiving - maybe a turkey & a pumpkin clippie
Easter - korker pig tail set
4th of July - red white & blue firecracker bow (which could also be done in a pig tail set)
Football Season - cheer streamers (I'm not exactly sure what the technical name is) in the school colors.

Last edited by jc1853; 02-05-2009 at 02:10. Reason: text
Old 02-05-2009, 03:36

Just a thought..........I know what you mean about making it look good together esp. since you have different colors/designs

Could you make a large 6 petal flower out of cardstock then
attach 2 bows to each petal? Maybe that would provide some sort
of uniformity to display all the different color bows.

I don't know just an idea.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:36

I LOVE making "Bow"quets!! They are always a big hit. When I give them as a gift, I always include bows in every style that I make: Basic, Korker, Boutique, etc. That way the recipient will know what all I offer. And to incorporate a headband, I use a vase that the headband will fit around and then attach another bow or flower clip to it. I don't worry too much about making the bows in the bouquet matchy matchy. I think they always turn out great. I love your idea of making the bouquet with a years worth of bows theme. Great idea! Here's a picture of the first "Bow"quet that I made.

Last edited by leialaird; 02-06-2009 at 05:54.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:12

Aw man! I wish I had've run across this earlier! Tonight was a silent auction for my husband's high school band trip to Florida next month. I did make a few monogrammed mascot bows and korkers etc... but this would have been an awesome idea! One to file away for another day, for sure!

Very cute!!!

(PS - I'm a speech pathologist - I work for early childhood (3-5 years) but have worked with EI - it's awesome!!! Good for you for helping out!)
Old 02-06-2009, 10:18

That "Bow" quet Looks amazing!! Great job for your first one! Awesome. Wish Iw as that talented!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Closed Thread