key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-08-2010, 12:25

Default Re: Quick and easy way to bling your flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
Cute idea but I have glitter-phobia. I won't touch anything with glitter on it! I know they would sell at my shows but I can't get myself to do it. Great work and good idea!
I'm the exact same way!!! I love the looks of glitter but I HATE dealing with it. My mother in law always buys the girls tops with glitter on them and if the glitter is falling off then I turn the shirt inside out and it just stays in the closet until they outgrow it! I just can't handle it!!

Great idea Kelli! Thanks for sharing!

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedove View Post
I'm the exact same way!!! I love the looks of glitter but I HATE dealing with it. My mother in law always buys the girls tops with glitter on them and if the glitter is falling off then I turn the shirt inside out and it just stays in the closet until they outgrow it! I just can't handle it!!

Great idea Kelli! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, at least I know I'm not alone! I love the Christmas holiday except when I go into store and everything Christmas has glitter on it!!!! UGH, won't touch it. Birthday cards, my kid's school projects, nothing..........I never had a horrible experience with it but it seems to go EVERYWHERE.
My cousin's wife came into town for their first visit and bought my girls a few presents, glitter my little ponies. Of course my kids saw it and ripped open the package before I could rush the ponies back to the store. Luckily we were at my mom's house and my mom B*$ched for days about finding glitter everywhere. She's now a glitterphob too. We now joke about it with my cousin's wife that paybacks are a B*$ch! She has a little girl now. I'm thinking of buying one to mail to her for her first birthday as payback (along with the gift receipt because she even admitted it was an AWFUL toy) just to pick on her.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:40

It looks very pretty!!!

Thanks for sharing
Old 07-08-2010, 12:46

I love it! thanks for shareing.

Pampered Princess
Looking for wholesale felties? Check out my page! Lots to choose from.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:49

What a great idea!!! I bet this would work great on bows too! Thank you for sharing what product you used also!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:26

Your flower is absolutely beautiful. Love the extra sparkle. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:37

OMG you are so smart... I have all of those items and have been wondering how to make glitter flowers what a dummy I can be
Old 07-08-2010, 04:35

I do that to my flowers too! Sell very well and little girls can't resist them--therefore mommies have to buy them!LOL! I will have to try the Krylon brand--not too happy with the Elmers I'm currently using. I even put glitter on a bow for my friend's daughter and she LOVED that it was "SO SPARKLY!" I just advise that you test out the glitter on the flower first. I learned the hard way that one color of glitter looks differently on different colors of flowers--DUH ME!! Anyways---I use the same color of glitter and flower--otherwise it looks weird.

I stocked up on glitter when it was 50%off at HL.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:18

Thank you! I LOVE your idea - soooo cute!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:33

Great idea!!! My daughter would love me to do that...looks like I might need to go and get some glitter for sure!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg