key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-02-2011, 06:40

Default Re: Free template for Bottle Cap Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christee19 View Post
Hi and thank you for a great tutorial!
I guess my images are too big for the circles, its cutting off half of what I would like displayed in the circle...any ideas? Sorry if this has been posted already. I started goign thru the pages and then did a bit of this when I hit page 10 lol

just resize them make them smaller
Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2011, 11:49

Thumbs up Re: Free template for Bottle Cap Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by designsbyamber View Post
LOVE that you're sharing, but 'taking' pictures from google is stealing-- IF you intend on selling the finished bottlecaps (even as a part of a finished product)... Just sayin. same goes for fonts. You need to have a commercial license to use them on paid-for items... As a graphic designer, I'd be pretty upset if someone stole my graphic and were using it to make a profit.

Just be careful where you take your images/fonts from

In some ways this absolutely true...however I work in a marketing lawfirm, and when images are placed on google, or in public forums..it is not illegal to use the photographs...UNLESS you are selling the photo! You can use graphics and clipart that is not copyrighted. IF there is a copyright signal on the clip you cannot use it...or a watermark! All photos and private images MUST be registered if they do not want you to use them. I have been in many legal battles (as a legal assistant) and have seen many of battles lost. This is great for you to post because people do need to pay close attention to the images, and where you take them from. A website may infact include a copyright on their website for all images. Please watch carefully where you take images from! GREAT POINT!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:56

Thanks for sharing
Old 05-03-2012, 08:07

An oldie but a goodie! Thanks! Just about to embark on my own bottle caps..
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuharris View Post
I have pre made all the 1" circles for you and left them blank.

Open this with Microsoft Office Word 2007 or higher.

Search google images for a background picture such as "polka dots". Open it to full size image then right click save image as and save it somewhere on your computer.

Next go to www.dafont.com Pick a great font. I like BAMBI BOLD and if you want the finished template for free I will send you, you must have this font. When you find it on dafont.com, then click download. I did mine in Firefox, so these are the instructions for firefox only. Click download then in the downloads window, click the font. You will be prompted to open with winzip, if you do not have it, it will let you use the evaluation version. click use evaluation version. then click the file with ttf beside it and hit extract. Extract the files to your desktop. Open your C:windows file then open the fonts file. Click on the ttf files on your desktop and drag and drop into your fonts folder. TADA! Thousands of free fonts can be installed this way.

Now on to the templates.

You have cool Google images saved and cool fonts downloaded!

Open my template click on the first circle. There should be an orange tab in the middle of tool bar that says text box tools click it then click format shape fill click picture. add your google image and that is the background in your circle now! Then right click the circle click add text change font type and color and add whatever letter you wish! Yay free bottle caps for everyone.

OMG - I love you! Thank you so much!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47

Thank you! Saving this.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuharris View Post
I have pre made all the 1" circles for you and left them blank.

Open this with Microsoft Office Word 2007 or higher.

Search google images for a background picture such as "polka dots". Open it to full size image then right click save image as and save it somewhere on your computer.

Next go to www.dafont.com Pick a great font. I like BAMBI BOLD and if you want the finished template for free I will send you, you must have this font. When you find it on dafont.com, then click download. I did mine in Firefox, so these are the instructions for firefox only. Click download then in the downloads window, click the font. You will be prompted to open with winzip, if you do not have it, it will let you use the evaluation version. click use evaluation version. then click the file with ttf beside it and hit extract. Extract the files to your desktop. Open your C:windows file then open the fonts file. Click on the ttf files on your desktop and drag and drop into your fonts folder. TADA! Thousands of free fonts can be installed this way.

Now on to the templates.

You have cool Google images saved and cool fonts downloaded!

Open my template click on the first circle. There should be an orange tab in the middle of tool bar that says text box tools click it then click format shape fill click picture. add your google image and that is the background in your circle now! Then right click the circle click add text change font type and color and add whatever letter you wish! Yay free bottle caps for everyone.
i can't figure out how to get the images onto the circles, we have microsoft, any ideas? thanks! excited to be able to make some my daughter will enjoy
Old 05-15-2012, 06:54

Thanks for sharing this!!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:40

Thank you so much for this! I am new to this and wanted to make some bottlecap images for my daughter. I do have a question though....I used the 4X6 template and when I went to insert the picture in the circles it just pasted to the middle of the picture....how do I move it to the circles?! Thank you so much!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:38

I cannot get the paste special to work on the file you uploaded
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif