Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2010, 08:01
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satkins View Post
I would love to see them also! I have made several raggie bows since I ordered the TuT from Punky but I have only given them as gifts and they were made with fabric, not ribbon. I wonder how an all sheer ribbon raggie bow would look? I bought a crap-load of sheer ribbon in every fall and christmas color that you can imagine. I have only made smaller raggies... I cut the fabric at about 2.5 inches. My daughter is only 2 and I don't want to overwhelm her little head- plus she has super fine hair that wouldn't support a huge ball of fabric. i am for sure going to try out the ribbon raggies... and maybe an all sheer one- just for funsies! I sell my bows out of a super busy consignment shop and it seems like, at least at this particular shop, the funkier, the better! So, I can play with it and have fun with it and not worry about how "strange" it looks. Also, to the poster that makes the raggie bows with "junk" Those are the coolest looking bows! I would have never thought to add korker ribbon to it! In everyone elses experience, do your raggies sell better on pony tail holders or clips (alligators, frenchy's???) Thanks ya'll!
Stephanie
I've been wanting to get the actual raggie tut but I fear that it wouldn't suit my needs. I only make bows and hair accessories for my granddaughter, who just turned 3 a week ago. She is very tiny so a raggie (which is 5" across?) would almost cover her entire head! lol They're adorable, but I just can't see how I could make them work.

I finished my ribbon pompom bow yesterday based on the free google tut. I'm happy with how it turned out. I did add more ribbon than the tut called for, but I frequently do things like that. I put it on a french barrette.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2010, 12:13
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 92
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post

I finished my ribbon pompom bow yesterday based on the free google tut. I'm happy with how it turned out. I did add more ribbon than the tut called for, but I frequently do things like that. I put it on a french barrette.

I made one last night as well. I also used that tutorial and I, like you, added more ribbon than they said. It turned out pretty big, but VERY cute and my DD is wearing it to school today.

I actually am going to try the same method with a hodgepodge of fabrics and see how that works. I totally love the look of the raggie bow, and imagine that a similar technique as the one we've both done with the ribbon will give a similar effect in cloth.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2010, 12:30
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBichette View Post
I made one last night as well. I also used that tutorial and I, like you, added more ribbon than they said. It turned out pretty big, but VERY cute and my DD is wearing it to school today.

I actually am going to try the same method with a hodgepodge of fabrics and see how that works. I totally love the look of the raggie bow, and imagine that a similar technique as the one we've both done with the ribbon will give a similar effect in cloth.
Let me know if you have any success with the fabric, ok? I'd be interested in hearing how it went.

Did you make bow 1 or bow 2? I'd love to see a pic of the one your daughter is wearing today!
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2010, 12:49
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 92
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Let me know if you have any success with the fabric, ok? I'd be interested in hearing how it went.

Did you make bow 1 or bow 2? I'd love to see a pic of the one your daughter is wearing today!
I think I made bow two. I made the one where you fold it lengthwise in half and then make a "v" and then sew that way. Instead of 18 4.5 in strips I did 24.

I am going to try it tonight or tomorrow with fabric so I'll let you know. I'll also try to update with a pic today when I pick her up from school.

One thing that I found helpful for the ribbon was kind of crunching it and it seemed to make it look softer/poufier. I was thinking of maybe baking the ribbon version to keep that crumpled look.

Anyway, I'll update with a pic later today.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2010, 01:21
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBichette View Post
I think I made bow two. I made the one where you fold it lengthwise in half and then make a "v" and then sew that way. Instead of 18 4.5 in strips I did 24.

I am going to try it tonight or tomorrow with fabric so I'll let you know. I'll also try to update with a pic today when I pick her up from school.

One thing that I found helpful for the ribbon was kind of crunching it and it seemed to make it look softer/poufier. I was thinking of maybe baking the ribbon version to keep that crumpled look.

Anyway, I'll update with a pic later today.
Mine is kind of spiky, isn't it? I think I'd like the softer look(?) I made bow 1.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger