http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-06-2010, 07:33

Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

Yes, being too large has definitely been a complaint. I cut mine in half and make two bows that are smaller.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2010, 07:57

I never thought about them being too big as a bad thing, so I think I will make mine smaller! Thanks so much!

Do any of you use pinking sheers ont he sides of the ribbon when using ribbon? I am thinking of using my zig zag pinking sheers. Do you find they fray if you use them and don't heat seal them?
Old 07-06-2010, 07:59

I have both I like the punky one the best by far! I have used both fabric and ribbon to make them.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:56

Ok... punky monkey... I'm gonna try yours out... Hopefully it works for me! I have been wanting to make these for a long time but I've been scared!!! My 4 year old little boy is having his bday party tomorrow and it is in a Thomas the train theme. We have a few girls coming... including my 2 year old daughter. I thought the girls would rather have a Thomas hair clip instead of a train conductor hat. I made some bean bags last night for a bean bag toss game out of Thomas fabric and I have a ton left over so I thought these Raggie bows would be great for the girls in Thomas fabric. But when I was reading everyone's posts on the raggie bows, it seems like most people are having a really hard time making them so I wasn't sure I could do it. But I'm gonna give it a whirl~
Stephanie
Old 07-10-2010, 10:46

Thank you! For any future purchases of the tutorial I will be sending the "Fabric Spikey Bow Tips" along with the tutorial. If you've purchased in the past and want the tips, please contact me on Etsy or by email punkynmunky at gmail dot com with some proof of purchase (give me the email address I sent the tutorial too, or your Etsy username) and I'll send the tips to you.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 07-10-2010, 11:21

I just made a Raggie Bow last night with just ribbon (my 1st time ever) and I think it turned out well. Make sure you use ATLEAST 40 strips and make them tight as possible....I didn't think that many would fit but they did. Here's some pictures....I haven't been able to trim them yet though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY1393.jpg (35.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg SANY1398.jpg (32.1 KB, 60 views)
Old 07-24-2010, 07:00

Angelbabyz - with your korkers... don't give up on them
I find that to make mine look great, I found a small box (From memory it was about 5cm wide, 10cm long and about 5cm high after I cut it to the size that I wanted).
Cut two slits about halfway along the long side of the box, (on opposite sides, so there's a slot going right through. Lay your thread, or hat elastic, or whatever you use to secure your korker through the slot and out the sides. Pop in about 20-26 pieces of korkered ribbon (I use around 8cm lengths), and then when they're all in and looking comfy, lift the two ends of your thread up, and knot it down over the top of your pile of korkers. You can lift it out at this point, and tie a few more knots to make it more secure.
Super easy, and they always turn out perfect. I find with the korkers, more is more though, so don't be too scungy with your ribbon. More lengths make them puff up better
Old 07-25-2010, 01:41

MRS Fish- I know that this thread wasn't about korkers but since we are talking about it, I will jump right in... With my korkers, it isn't getting them situated to look right, my problem is the prep work for it. I have been diagnosed with OCD and I have to say... Korkers are the absolute WORST TYPE of bow to make for someone with OCD! After I bake and spray the korker ribbon, I have to cut my ribbon EXACTLY 4" inches long... or whatever length I'm making the korker. Then I heat seal each end with a lighter. It takes me forever. I know they are super easy but there has to be a better way with the prep! I have heard about people cutting ribbon with a wood burner tool but my wood burner doesn't cut... it is a cheapy one that just has a rounded tip- it does a great job with sealing the ends though! Do most people cute and seal the ends all in one swoop with a wood burning/cutting tool?
Stephanie
Old 07-25-2010, 02:52

Okay, this is my first time to post pics, so please excuse if they do not turn out well....and, I am a TERRIBLE photographer on the best of days.

Anyway, I bought the tut, and LOVE these bows, but I have to admit....ya'll are scaring me!! I have not taken any of these to shows, and now I am nervous that they will not sell. I have given them as gifts, and they seem to be adored by everyone at the birthday parties, but I am usually pretty shy about telling people I made them (bad for a business woman, I know....LOL!!). They get lots of oooh and aahhhhs though. I do wish I had a picture of them in a little girl's hair....they are big, but really pretty!! But, now I am really nervous....I have a bunch of these....they better sell!!!

I did just like the tut said, except I add more "junk" in them....I like them better that way. I use hot glue, and mine seemed to work perfectly. If I can help anyone, please let me know (not that I am an expert...LOL!!).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020007.JPG (36.0 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg P1020008.JPG (35.6 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg P1020009.JPG (34.6 KB, 78 views)
Old 07-25-2010, 03:07

I think they look nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBeca View Post
Okay, this is my first time to post pics, so please excuse if they do not turn out well....and, I am a TERRIBLE photographer on the best of days.

Anyway, I bought the tut, and LOVE these bows, but I have to admit....ya'll are scaring me!! I have not taken any of these to shows, and now I am nervous that they will not sell. I have given them as gifts, and they seem to be adored by everyone at the birthday parties, but I am usually pretty shy about telling people I made them (bad for a business woman, I know....LOL!!). They get lots of oooh and aahhhhs though. I do wish I had a picture of them in a little girl's hair....they are big, but really pretty!! But, now I am really nervous....I have a bunch of these....they better sell!!!

I did just like the tut said, except I add more "junk" in them....I like them better that way. I use hot glue, and mine seemed to work perfectly. If I can help anyone, please let me know (not that I am an expert...LOL!!).
Sponsored Links