http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 08:18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 21
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

I bought a sewn version and it was terrible. I may not have done in right, but I wasted my money on it. The version advertised here is the one I do make and it is good like you said. It has taken me a lot of practice, but I have finally got it pretty good. It is one that practice does make perfect. It is just a lot of work to end up with a bow your not happy with.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 08:58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 786
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

I bought the tut too. I had several come out really well. At first, I did not cut enough out of the pony tie. I used quite a bit of fabric, tuille, lace, riboon and ric rac. That might be why mine came out really full. I found that it was kind of hard to determine where to put the clip, but since the bow was really full I just put it on the flatest spot with lots of glue. I will try and post a pic of mine tomorrow. I think sometimes you have to twick it a little. I had also thought about sewing them. I would love to see the tut for that. I did search for a tut before I bought that one and could not find one. It's frustrating but I think it maybe you add a little more???

I loved the way they look.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 09:03
angelbabyz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 568
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

I will try cutting a bit more out off of the pony tail, thanks.

I still want the sewing one too!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by chippychick View Post
I bought the tut too. I had several come out really well. At first, I did not cut enough out of the pony tie. I used quite a bit of fabric, tuille, lace, riboon and ric rac. That might be why mine came out really full. I found that it was kind of hard to determine where to put the clip, but since the bow was really full I just put it on the flatest spot with lots of glue. I will try and post a pic of mine tomorrow. I think sometimes you have to twick it a little. I had also thought about sewing them. I would love to see the tut for that. I did search for a tut before I bought that one and could not find one. It's frustrating but I think it maybe you add a little more???

I loved the way they look.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 09:14
Wendy523's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,965
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
I bought the raggie bow tut and had a little trouble with it as well. Very nice directions, it just didn't seem to work for me. I also bought a tut from punkynmunky (?) on etsy I think, for her spikey bows and I kind of use that sam e concept, only I use fabric instead of ribbon and they turn out looking almost just like the raggie bow. HTH!
The Spikey Bow Tutorial I have can be used with fabric or even tulle as well, makes some really cute bows. If anyone has purchased the tutorial and needs some help converting it to a fabric bow, just shoot me an email or pm and I can give you some more specification.

I have not ever seen the raggie bow tutorial, I have no idea how that one is made, but the Spikey Bow is sewn. Here is the link to the listing in Etsy,
http://www.etsy.com/listing/49412567...truction-ebook

It's also available on Artfire and Zibbet, or directly through me

These pictures are not the best, but they are the first few I made with fabric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fabric spikey bow 003.jpg (47.7 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg fabric spikey bow denim tulle 004.jpg (37.8 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2240.JPG (50.8 KB, 129 views)
__________________

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:03
mlhardison1's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,859
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
The Spikey Bow Tutorial I have can be used with fabric or even tulle as well, makes some really cute bows. If anyone has purchased the tutorial and needs some help converting it to a fabric bow, just shoot me an email or pm and I can give you some more specification.

I have not ever seen the raggie bow tutorial, I have no idea how that one is made, but the Spikey Bow is sewn. Here is the link to the listing in Etsy,
http://www.etsy.com/listing/49412567...truction-ebook

It's also available on Artfire and Zibbet, or directly through me

These pictures are not the best, but they are the first few I made with fabric.
That is what I was talking about. This is the one that I make and I like them. I have made them with ribbon and fabric.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:07
angelbabyz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 568
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
That is what I was talking about. This is the one that I make and I like them. I have made them with ribbon and fabric.
I'm going to give it a try tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2010, 12:58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 212
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

I tie mine in the middle first, then sew them together and that seems to work. i have not bought any of the tuts so I have no idea what it tells you to do...sorry I can't help you there.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2010, 01:25
shelby2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alexandria, Louisiana
Posts: 588
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

I found this tutorial a long time ago, but haven't tried it. I wonder if you could use fabric instead of ribbon to get the look you're wanting. It's pretty cute. http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...MGM0NDQ3&hl=en
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2010, 02:00
weesewcute's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,282
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

I made a bunch of the raggie bows off the tut last year and they were so massive in size. They were cute but did not sell well at all. I switched to the punky monkey one and they sell really well. I have heard others have a really hard time selling them as well.
__________________
www.weesewcute.etsy.com
www.weesewcutefabrics.etsy.com
or weesewcute on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2010, 06:52
Lynn*'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,958
Default Re: Raggie bow troubles

Two thumbs up for Punkynmunky spike bow tutorial from me, too!!! it's the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
I made a bunch of the raggie bows off the tut last year and they were so massive in size. They were cute but did not sell well at all. I switched to the punky monkey one and they sell really well. I have heard others have a really hard time selling them as well.
__________________
http://www.hairbowswonderworld.etsy.com
Ribbon Sculpture and ROSE Instructions and More
Fan me on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hairbo...43984645623379
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger