New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-03-2010, 08:33

Default do you ever get down??

I sometimes get really depressed and discouraged when I look at all of everyones awesome creations. I just wish I could put more time into making stuff. I just have always had low self esteem and wish I could just think my stuff was awesome but I cant. I always think someone else's is WAy better. just had to vent a little...

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 07-03-2010, 08:41

Default Re: do you ever get down??

Yup - sure do. I wish I had more time to try things & make all the things I want to make. I think about how much I could get done once they're all in school. But then I'd be wishing away my girls being little & home all day.

I have bow envy sometimes too. But then the other day a friend said she wished her bows were as good as mine. So go figure...
Old 07-03-2010, 08:51

yes! Usually about 15 minutes after I think "wow, I can actually start a selling these" I start thinking "but they aren't good enough, everyone else makes better ones, what if....." ugh! Why do we do this to ourselves? All I know is my DDs love the bows I make (so does my 1 year old DS) so that means I rock! - and at the end of the day that's really all that matters
Old 07-03-2010, 08:58

I know just what you mean. I'm a SAHM with a 3yo and a 2yo, and I am taking 2 6-week express classes for college. Some days I say "I'm going to get this, this, and this done, but before I know it, my day is nearly over, and I haven't completed half of what I hoped to." Right now it's just baby steps for me, but I know as long as I keep working at it, I'll get there.

BTW, I've seen some of your stuff, and it's cute. We can never be great at everything, but if we keep working at it, we'll continue to get better--that's something I have to remind myself of sometimes.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrnglerette View Post
yes! Usually about 15 minutes after I think "wow, I can actually start a selling these" I start thinking "but they aren't good enough, everyone else makes better ones, what if....." ugh! Why do we do this to ourselves? All I know is my DDs love the bows I make (so does my 1 year old DS) so that means I rock! - and at the end of the day that's really all that matters

Aww, yes...I totally agree with this.

I can think a bow I'm making looks like ca-ca, but my DD will walk up and say "aww, Mommy, that bow is adorable! I love it!" And that makes everything right again.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrnglerette View Post
Thats exactly how I feel. I want to go to craft shows and sell, and then I start doubting myself. And I actually I know that my stuff is good quality. And my daughters and nieces all love my stuff too and if thats all I do is make and give to them, then I am happy. Its really just an addiction and I love making them. And my girls look good wearing them!!
Old 07-03-2010, 09:35

It is too easy to get discouraged sometimes. Don't be too hard on yourselves and keep getting crafty - practice makes perfect.

I get bummed sometimes when I do something I think is awesome and no one seems to like it. Best medicine for that is to make another awesome thing!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:00

It is really overwhelming at first to be like...."why can't I make that!" or "I'll never be that good"

There is such a vast array of bows and such all over the place and everyone has their own little knack at it....What I tell myself is....no one has the EXACT same bow...each one has to be a little tiny bit original....

Anyways...I don't know if that helped but it helped me once upon a time.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:45

It is very overwhelming sometimes. And I think we all get bow/craft envy sometimes. Mine is supply envy. I want to do so much, just dont have the expendable income to buy the stock up to have it sit around hoping someone can buy it. Then again I still jsut do friends and family. Never really pushed or marketed myself. Afraid if I did Id get to many requests and find out Im not as good as I wish i was. LOL! Keep your head up Ive seen your bows and they are really nice
Old 07-03-2010, 11:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaschmoolia View Post
I sometimes get really depressed and discouraged when I look at all of everyones awesome creations. I just wish I could put more time into making stuff. I just have always had low self esteem and wish I could just think my stuff was awesome but I cant. I always think someone else's is WAy better. just had to vent a little...
I`ve seen your stuff and of course it is great! Don`t let you self down......I did`n`t know how to make a bow when I first started and still that way....If it wasn`t by my BBM I would be lost....sculptures have always been my side but I`ve always wanted to make great bows too and although with my BBM they do look like bows I want to get better at it.....but people see my bows and they like them...so I think sometimes we are tooo hard on ourselves specially cause we see other super talented ladies work here and compare our work to them...but they sure started like us and have gone all the the way to where they are now.....so keep up working we will get there sometime LOL

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.