http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-03-2010, 11:08

Default Re: do you ever get down??

Crafting is a never ending learning experience! Don't get down, just keep practicing. I used to be like that when it comes to bows but I've built a pretty good following on my website & from friends and family that pay me a lot of compliments on how great my items are. Now I have 'sewing envy'! I am jealous of my friends that can sew up a great looking outfit for their kid like it's nothing... haha. But I keep practicing and learn something new just about every time I turn on my sewing machine!

Chin up
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2010, 11:08

Let me tell you, we all get it, it's natural, I cant make layered bows to save my life. I have my first show coming up in two weeks and All I'm going to have a small bows, maybe a few larger bows but not many. My 15 daughter says mom you need toget a REAL 2nd job, money is tight because I got divorced and my ex left me all the debt. Its depressing and makes me feel aweful, but my 13 year old son, comes up to me and says mom , I think you will do great, I think everything you make is awesome.

I have learned to ignore my daughter and to really persue this. Everyone I have run into that has seen my bows tells me i have talent. There are so many different bows that I want to learn to make, but I have to ld myself ONE AT A TIME, master the few that you are doing already, THEN add another kind to the mix. That is what I.m doing right now. When I get the urg the make something a little different I do.

For me this has calmed my nerves and have made me MORE confident.

We all have different talents, some bows will come easier to some than others, but none of us are quitters, and thats what will keep up all going. I wish I had found this forum years ago, to think that is some way we are each others competator, yet we have come together to help one another through the good, the bad and the hard times, giving our advice freely, making up tuts for those who are struggling on certain parts. WOW, who could ask for more.

So dont be down on yourself, there are so many of us feeling the way you do!

Sorry I got on a roll...............

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Last edited by pixiesmoon; 07-03-2010 at 11:11. Reason: missspelled word
Old 07-03-2010, 11:54

First....You need to find your self worth in who you are in Christ rather than who you are to others....that way it doesn't matter what other think of you...He never changes.
Second....being able to craft is a gift....Who cares if it looks like someone else's? it looks like yours. We all have our unique style. Don't ever compare yourself to someone else. You'll always find faults. Compare yourself to what you should be and what you could be. If you are living to your potential there is no reason to feel down
I'm sure your creations are great.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:10

I felt like this too before I wanted to do a show. Am I good enough? Would it sell? Why is my stuff different??? I still see such AMAZING work on here that is posted, it inspires me to do more and to be a better seller! I can't do everything that I want, I just don't have the time. But what I have done, I am proud of.

I keep a card stapled to my bulliten board in front of my work space. It has a line of penguins on it and it says:

"Go to the front of the parade...and then act like you are supposed to be there"

That has helped me. We have to learn, that we will have to be our own biggest cheerleaders in order to be successful. Pretend for a while to fool yourself if you have to, but it works!!!! We ALL can do it!

Shelley
Old 07-03-2010, 03:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sla762 View Post

I keep a card stapled to my bulliten board in front of my work space. It has a line of penguins on it and it says:

"Go to the front of the parade...and then act like you are supposed to be there"
I LIKE this

I have a magnet on the inside of my medicine cabinet with a picture of Eleanor Roosevelt that says "Do one thing every day that scares you"

I think we all need reminders that we can do it! Thanks ladies for saying (or writing) what we all have thoughts of.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:58

What one person thinks as awesome is another person's thumbs down. If I love something and no one else does.. then hopefully I love it enough to keep it for myself.

I have a hard time completing a project without going to the next awesome idea. Today I am completing some "undone projects". Now that feels good. Baby steps a little at at time. We all shine at something. Be proud and keep practicing..

I can keep myself from getting down because creating and crafting makes me happy and keeps more boredom away. I don't know what I would do if I did not have something to do, however I don't have children at home; just grandaughters that snatch up all the goodies.

Chin up missy...
Old 07-03-2010, 06:25

Quote:
I felt like this too before I wanted to do a show. Am I good enough? Would it sell? Why is my stuff different??? I still see such AMAZING work on here that is posted, it inspires me to do more and to be a better seller! I can't do everything that I want, I just don't have the time. But what I have done, I am proud of.

That has helped me. We have to learn, that we will have to be our own biggest cheerleaders in order to be successful. Pretend for a while to fool yourself if you have to, but it works!!!! We ALL can do it!

Shelley
Thank you all for your support. I just need to start realizing Im doing a good job. And Be proud of myself all the time!!

Old 07-03-2010, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippychick View Post
What one person thinks as awesome is another person's thumbs down. If I love something and no one else does.. then hopefully I love it enough to keep it for myself.

I have a hard time completing a project without going to the next awesome idea. Today I am completing some "undone projects". Now that feels good. Baby steps a little at at time. We all shine at something. Be proud and keep practicing..

I can keep myself from getting down because creating and crafting makes me happy and keeps more boredom away. I don't know what I would do if I did not have something to do, however I don't have children at home; just grandaughters that snatch up all the goodies.

Chin up missy...
I cannot count the projects I have half done... I have so much creativity but only so many hours in the day being mom and dad to my two kids (both under 2!)
I love all my stuff or I would never try to sell it. I hate when people are disappointed in something I have done.
It is hard on websites like this because everyone is SOOO STINKIN AWESOME, but out in your neighborhood, how many people can do what you can? How many people are envious of your talents while you sit her being envious of someone elses? You are doing great!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:46

I think everyone feels that way at some time. I especially fell that way when I am on Etsy. I think "I hate that seller! Her stuff is sooo cute!"

I work fulltime outside the house and there's no way to try all the things I want to!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:51

Quote:

That is *too* cute!! I have a post-it above the desk I work at (of course this is my full-time 60+ hour/week job) that says "Smiles keep the screams in. "
Sponsored Links