New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:21

Thumbs down Re: Disney Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
It is free, you just need to be a seasoned member on here which is not very hard to do. Most people are polite and wait until they have worked up enough posts. You are the only one I have ever seen on here that throws a tantrum because she can't see some of the free instructions because she doesn't have enough posts. You are very rudeand ungrateful to what is already out there for newbies to view. You don't have to pay to get into the private forums. You just have to get to know the community by participating in genuine posts. That is what everyone does on here. I posted a whole list of free instructions. If you can't get to some them then continue to post on here but there were plenty of free instructions from here and other places that you could look at. I put it all in one post just for people like you and it is very disturbing to see someone throw such a fit over not being able to get into a private area of our threads. If it bothers you so much then maybe this is not the place for you. We encourage newbies to get involved and we love to help them out with whatever we can but we are not going to cater to a selfish, ungrateful newbie who thinks they own this site.
Again... HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW??? I came here from a google link...

Everyone seems hell bent on attacking me as a dreaded NEWBIE, and an ungrateful RUDE PERSON, who thinks I own this site... but I am far from that...

I had not read any of the other "NEW MEMBER" posts filling me in on how things worked, etc...

I apologized for jumping the gun, but with everyone attacking me like this, I guess I'll have to think twice before joining a community like this. If I post something in frustration, and get attacked by the whole community, it sure doesn't make for a welcoming spirit.

Maybe instead of yelling at me, ONE person could have helped me out and pointed me in the right direction?? Wouldn't that have been the nice thing to do? Instead of accusatory statements and putting me into the category of previous new members who don't wish to contribute.

I think everyone needs to take a breath and calm down and stop attacking people...
If this does continue, then maybe you're right, I won't want to belong to a community that attacks it's members....
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 07:32

Default Re: Disney Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlgreenberg View Post
So, you get us to join by saying we can get access to free designs and then don't allow us to see the free designs until we have 250 posts.... ?? I guess nothings really free then... Thanks!

This is why you upset everyone. Don't play like you did nothing to make everyone mad. Your tone was not nice on here and that is why everyone got defensive.

This list should give you plenty to chew on for awhile: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...bies-here.html

Last edited by ronnie; 02-07-2011 at 07:53.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:37

Oh I can't wait to get my 60 days in, I almost have my posts done yay!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Oh I can't wait to get my 60 days in, I almost have my posts done yay!

LOL...60 days? You have been here since 2008!!! Just start talking to everybody and you will be in.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debora View Post
midgetinvasion, your nemo is cute. I immediately knew it was nemo!

I certainly hope no one thought I was doing the 'gimme, gimme' with the princess instructions. Some of the posts stated you needed 100 posts to view it and since I had over 100, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get in. I meant no disrespect and if I need 250 posts to see it, well then I'll just keep posting!

I am greatful for all the help I've received from here. The tips and suggestions are invaluable. There are TONS of freebies on here too, I really couldn't ask for more.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me so much!

Debora
Everything she said!! I too will keep posting!
Deb
Old 02-07-2011, 08:21

Thumbs down Re: Disney Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulafairy View Post
I am not projecting past experiences you were horribly rude and therefore I labeled you as such. First impressions last way too long. As for putting myself in your shoes... I never felt that entitled.

I did not post this new thread in the public area someone else did and someone else posted the link.

Anything that you can see now meaning categories that do not say "private" are all free for you to read. Its not bad luck its just the way it is.

I am done with you and this thread. I would ask the mods to remove it but its not mine. I am not one for drama and never involve myself in drama but I felt personally attacked and have not reacted kindly to it.
You feel attacked?? How do you think I feel? My comment was about the website, not the person posting the directions...

Isn't one of the RULES people are supposed to agree to

"*Be courteous and do not post defamatory or insulting comments about any user."

All I was doing was asking for the directions emailed like everyone else...
And then proceeded to get attacked by everyone else... I was not meaning to offend anyone, but feel that the organization of the website was quite confusing for a new person. Instead of pointing me in the right direction people seemed to jump the gun. I'm done defending myself... If you all want to think the worst, so be it!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
LOL...60 days? You have been here since 2008!!! Just start talking to everybody and you will be in.

Yep I must have joined in 2008 and didn't know LOL, can you believe that. LOL, I just recently came in LOL.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Yep I must have joined in 2008 and didn't know LOL, can you believe that. LOL, I just recently came in LOL.
Ha ha ha.....silly girl!!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:57

Quote:
You feel attacked?? How do you think I feel? My comment was about the website, not the person posting the directions...

Isn't one of the RULES people are supposed to agree to

"*Be courteous and do not post defamatory or insulting comments about any user."

All I was doing was asking for the directions emailed like everyone else...
And then proceeded to get attacked by everyone else... I was not meaning to offend anyone, but feel that the organization of the website was quite confusing for a new person. Instead of pointing me in the right direction people seemed to jump the gun. I'm done defending myself... If you all want to think the worst, so be it!
I don't normally post in these types of threads, but I just feel like I need to now....

I totally understand the forum is overwhelming at first. It just takes time to get familiar. You will get it - just explore around.

On this thread, you quoted the member, who was not the creator Luna, that was willing to email a pdf form. No problems. When older members started to see the newer members wondering why they couldn't see the thread, several posted that is was in a private area. They explained that you have to have 250 posts to view the private room. Then, you posted your comment about luring ladies in, but making them have 250 posts to view certain threads. So, when you post what I bolded above....the ladies did explain - or point everyone in the right direction by saying post, join in the community!! They were trying to help everyone out, but you added the comment after that. So, I am sorry, but I don't buy your defense. You got upset and said something you shouldn't have....that wasn't true and attacked the whole forum. Just stop defending, own up to it, and go on.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:17

Quote:
Let me clarify...

We join this site to share ideas and "instructions" on things all the while being bombarded by the advertising... which is paying for this site...I understand that...

However, when you go into a thread that says free instructions you expect them to be viewable, not after this many or that many postings.

I apologize, I am a serious crafter who wishes I had found this site sooner, so I could be up to that many posts... you can understand my frustration though that when I click on something that says its free, and it keeps telling me I don't have authorization.

I am very happy to post stuff online as well, it's just my bad luck that I didn't find it sooner. I find that navigating through this site is a bit difficult though and am still learning it's structure.

I can understand people don't want their "prized bows" out there to just anyone, but if you don't, then it's better to just not post it at all. I'm all for sharing and I know alot of people will just steal the idea off here and go off an make them for their business which is understandable why you would be so guarded...

Don't get mad at me for what others have done. I was just dissapointed that I had joined and then still wasn't able to access it. Can you put yourself in my shoes for a sec??

I have many sewing projects that I do for my family and neighbors, and will be happy to contribute pictures for everyone... I recently started making bows and came across the Princess and wanted to see it. I'm not here for personal gain and am very upset that you would project your past histories onto me.

I was simply frustrated and felt at the time that this site was just a trap for people to join and get more spam from while being pushed to different stores.

Maybe that thread shouldn't have been posted with the other FREE INSTRUCTIONS??

Well...YIKES!
I WOULD JUST like to take a second to say a little ditty...
Well obviously I have what? 70 or 80 posts? I have never found a forum as amazing and helpful as this one. I don't really know what your talking about not being able to get free instructions because I'm about as blocked as you are person with 11 posts and I'm always finding amazing instructions and tips all over this forum these ladies are so generous to give their information and in return I help with what I can...we are like one giant team of crafters helping each other out...there is a web site called youcanmakethis.com and etsy.com just search princess instructions or whatever instructions you like and you can pay for them if you want to be a complainer, or you can continue to post and join the group and before you know it you will have free instructions (wowwie!!)...not a great idea to come out here being disrespectful to these ladies because in return you will get nothing free from them! Lol just saying take care

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitZNGiggleZ
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread