Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 01:37
sbh626's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: OMG this is sooo pretty

The woman who makes them lives in the town next to mine. She has them in her store and I've seen them in person. They are absolutely stunning and you can tell she spends a lot of time on each one.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 02:04
Blingmom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,240
Default Re: OMG this is sooo pretty

What etsy store is it from?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 07:31
CindyH67's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 560
Default Re: OMG this is sooo pretty

Ok here is a closer picture of this dress ...
http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.93801418.jpg

The name of the etsy shop is
  • MeadowLion1120.etsy.com she also has a web site

Thefairytaleshoppe.com

Babyeliza since you've got to see them in person can you give us any insight on how she does the waist? Is it tied or sewn? They are truly beautiful.
__________________
Cindy
http://HookedOnCrafts.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 09:04
sbh626's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: OMG this is sooo pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyH67 View Post
Ok here is a closer picture of this dress ...
http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.93801418.jpg

The name of the etsy shop is
  • MeadowLion1120.etsy.com she also has a web site
Thefairytaleshoppe.com

Babyeliza since you've got to see them in person can you give us any insight on how she does the waist? Is it tied or sewn? They are truly beautiful.

You know, it's been awhile since I've been in that store but I *think* they are tied or braided or twisted. It was honestly done so intricately that I couldn't tell. It may have been sewn but I don't know how she would have done that. I didn't really see stitches. I just know that it looked super complicated lol


also wanted to add that I think the lattice overlay stuff is organza ribbon, not tulle. I could be wrong though. It looks like it has more structure than tulle and I'm also wondering if she's using the 3" strips of tulle instead of the 6" to make the skirt bunch up like that.

Last edited by sbh626; 07-01-2010 at 09:09.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 09:19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,215
Default Re: OMG this is sooo pretty

I've seen something similar to this before and it is stunning!

I can't figure out how the tulle looks like that, cause if you wrinkle it it's all sloppy.
I wonder.....thinking out loud here...can you fan fold the tulle and bake it on a low temp to 'set' the wrinkle....kind of like the baking korkers theory?



Quote:
Originally Posted by babyeliza View Post
You know, it's been awhile since I've been in that store but I *think* they are tied or braided or twisted. It was honestly done so intricately that I couldn't tell. It may have been sewn but I don't know how she would have done that. I didn't really see stitches. I just know that it looked super complicated lol


also wanted to add that I think the lattice overlay stuff is organza ribbon, not tulle. I could be wrong though. It looks like it has more structure than tulle and I'm also wondering if she's using the 3" strips of tulle instead of the 6" to make the skirt bunch up like that.
__________________
Mika
www.hotpinkwholesale.com
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 09:47
CindyH67's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 560
Default Re: OMG this is sooo pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosser View Post
I've seen something similar to this before and it is stunning!

I can't figure out how the tulle looks like that, cause if you wrinkle it it's all sloppy.
I wonder.....thinking out loud here...can you fan fold the tulle and bake it on a low temp to 'set' the wrinkle....kind of like the baking korkers theory?
Maybe she uses spray starch or something to make them look that way.
__________________
Cindy
http://HookedOnCrafts.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 10:10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 360
Default Re: OMG this is sooo pretty

It looks to me like that golden ribbon around the waist is crocheted with a big hook. Is that possible?
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 10:44
GammiesGirlsBowtique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 158
Default Re: OMG this is sooo pretty

Sooo pretty! Looks like alot of work.....
__________________

Gammies Girls Bowtique
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 10:46
ihavebabygiggles.com's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 155
Default Re: OMG this is sooo pretty

gorgeous! some serious talent there!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 476
Default Re: OMG this is sooo pretty

Remember all that "amazing tutu" stuff?? Yep. THIS TAKES THE CAKE! That is probably the prettiest tutu I've ever seen! That's lots of talent!

I agree on the 3" tulle strips & organza comment.

Beautiful work!
__________________
Ashley
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger