5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,069
Default basic rhinestone center help!!

Okay. I'm finally going to get some rhinestone centers for my daisies, mini daisies and lillies.
Can you suggest a size/style? Can you share where you get yours?
I want something with facets. Lots of them!
And I'm thinking 18mm for my daisies.

So I'm striking out because it costs 3.75 or so per crystal from swarovski

Do I need to go acrylic 18mm? Is that too big, small?

A certain brand to look for so I don't look to plastic-y?

I have to admit, I love the ones in HLobby from bowsunlim. or whatev they're called. That size/style is fabulous.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 03:47
sparkle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 792
Default Re: basic rhinestone center help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutiquesweetheart View Post
Okay. I'm finally going to get some rhinestone centers for my daisies, mini daisies and lillies.
Can you suggest a size/style? Can you share where you get yours?
I want something with facets. Lots of them!
And I'm thinking 18mm for my daisies.

So I'm striking out because it costs 3.75 or so per crystal from swarovski

Do I need to go acrylic 18mm? Is that too big, small?

A certain brand to look for so I don't look to plastic-y?

I have to admit, I love the ones in HLobby from bowsunlim. or whatev they're called. That size/style is fabulous.

Try michaels their swarovski's are not too expensive.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 03:58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,069
Default Re: basic rhinestone center help!!

will try. Ever tried HL's larger clear crystal ones in the packs?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:00
sparkle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 792
Default Re: basic rhinestone center help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutiquesweetheart View Post
will try. Ever tried HL's larger clear crystal ones in the packs?
We don't have a HL I've never even heard of it until I found this foroum lol
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,069
Default Re: basic rhinestone center help!!

they have lots of facets to them but I didn't think to get any when I went.

The one I go to only takes 40mins to get to I really like it, if I have a WHOLE lot of time to take a mini trip.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 06:07
rachel66's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: a little town just outside of Waco, TX
Posts: 1,573
Default Re: basic rhinestone center help!!

I get my from UB and for 144 of the 18 mm--it is $5.28 or the 20 mm is $6.60. Of course it is a $50 min--but there is always a buy going on. But I use either of those sizes.
__________________
Rachel-mom to Maddie, Ashlyn & Emma
http://www.maeandme.etsy.com
scentsy, wickless candles, car candles, plug ins

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:01
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,069
Default Re: basic rhinestone center help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel66 View Post
I get my from UB and for 144 of the 18 mm--it is $5.28 or the 20 mm is $6.60. Of course it is a $50 min--but there is always a buy going on. But I use either of those sizes.
Oh thank you. I just saw that littlegirlmart has some that look pretty. They come in two sizes. I was also looking for something in colors.
Looked at hobbylobby. I think it's 5.00 for a small pack. Youch!
I think I may participate in a ub buy!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,069
Default Re: basic rhinestone center help!!

ok. i give up. what's ub short for again?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:16
rachel66's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: a little town just outside of Waco, TX
Posts: 1,573
Default Re: basic rhinestone center help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutiquesweetheart View Post
Oh thank you. I just saw that littlegirlmart has some that look pretty. They come in two sizes. I was also looking for something in colors.
Looked at hobbylobby. I think it's 5.00 for a small pack. Youch!
I think I may participate in a ub buy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boutiquesweetheart View Post
ok. i give up. what's ub short for again?

United Beads!!

They have lots of colors. And are good quality in my opinion. Here is their site--they have a site you can order off, but I cant think of it right now!
http://www.unitedbeadsus.com/
__________________
Rachel-mom to Maddie, Ashlyn & Emma
http://www.maeandme.etsy.com
scentsy, wickless candles, car candles, plug ins

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:17
rachel66's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: a little town just outside of Waco, TX
Posts: 1,573
Default Re: basic rhinestone center help!!

here is the site to order off. sign up for an account to see prices.

www.unitedcrafts.com
__________________
Rachel-mom to Maddie, Ashlyn & Emma
http://www.maeandme.etsy.com
scentsy, wickless candles, car candles, plug ins

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger