printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-03-2010, 02:02

Default Re: For those of you who have trouble with twisted bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2divas View Post
Here is a video that I did to show you how I make my twisted boutique bows! I hope this helps!!!! Mine come out awesome every time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcbOFRvZin4
I'm still not able to open it. What is the name so I can search it. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2010, 02:22

Thank you so much for sharing this video! I have it bookmarked and am super excited to take another crack at making one of these bows.
BTW I <3 your vlog - your daughters are so cute - I was laughing when you had to talk between and behind them because they were checking out the camera up close! Love it!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:40

I just wanted to say thank you soooo much for doing this video. When I first read your post, I didn't know that it was you who personally made it. I thought it was just a link to a video you found. I have been making bows for quite a while now, and I am ashamed to say these were always my nemesis. I had looked at several instructions before even ones saying to make them the way you did, but a video has made all the difference! I could make them but they took forever, because I always had to do them over a few times to get them to turn out. Anyways, sorry for the long post. But I really appreciate it. I haven't stopped making them since I watched the video. I have a whole pile of perfect bows now sitting in front of me.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:41

I can finally make these, I am so happy, you r awesome!What size templete would I use to make one out of 1 1/2 ribbon?
Old 07-03-2010, 06:36

Thank you so much! Your idea about using the double prong to hold the back in place is pure genius!! I tried it last night and it worked great.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotts71 View Post
I'm still not able to open it. What is the name so I can search it. Thanks
I have the video unlisted, so you can't get to it or find it without the link. I didn't want to share it with all of youtube, just hipgirls!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcbOFRvZin4

This link should work, let me know if you have any questions!!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl_96720 View Post
Thank you so much for sharing this video! I have it bookmarked and am super excited to take another crack at making one of these bows.
BTW I <3 your vlog - your daughters are so cute - I was laughing when you had to talk between and behind them because they were checking out the camera up close! Love it!
Thank you!! LOL...yeah, they were a trip that night! I thought that video was too cute not to use! hahahaha
Old 07-03-2010, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
I just wanted to say thank you soooo much for doing this video. When I first read your post, I didn't know that it was you who personally made it. I thought it was just a link to a video you found. I have been making bows for quite a while now, and I am ashamed to say these were always my nemesis. I had looked at several instructions before even ones saying to make them the way you did, but a video has made all the difference! I could make them but they took forever, because I always had to do them over a few times to get them to turn out. Anyways, sorry for the long post. But I really appreciate it. I haven't stopped making them since I watched the video. I have a whole pile of perfect bows now sitting in front of me.
Yay!!!! I've been quite addicted to them too!!! Thank you! And you are so welcome!!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:30

[QUOTE=hunter;619105]Thank you so much! Your idea about using the double prong to hold the back in place is pure genius!! I tried it last night and it worked great.[/QUOTE

You're welcome!! The double prong clip worked awesome for me!! Without that, I can't really get the loops perfectly shaped the way that I want them. And the clip makes it so much faster!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniflower View Post
I can finally make these, I am so happy, you r awesome!What size templete would I use to make one out of 1 1/2 ribbon?
Thank you!! It depends on how big you want the bow to be....I like using a 6" template and a 7" template for the 1 1/2" ribbon. I would just try them both out and see which one you prefer!! hth
Sponsored Links