New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-29-2010, 01:31

Default help with Resin??

How do you ladies cover your bottlcaps with?
I use crystal laq, and well its pretty easy its just I cant figure out on what to use to get a clear, smooth coat on the cap
Brush? popsicle stick?

Any ideas on how to cure the caps, other than crystal laq thats easy like that
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 06-29-2010, 01:41

Default Re: help with Resin??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRESHY View Post
How do you ladies cover your bottlcaps with?
I use crystal laq, and well its pretty easy its just I cant figure out on what to use to get a clear, smooth coat on the cap
Brush? popsicle stick?

Any ideas on how to cure the caps, other than crystal laq thats easy like that
Alot of the ladies use ET Lite resin, its two part resin and it has a really nice look if you do it right. I used ET lite for a long time until I switched to my Sweethart Resin drops...you get the same look as the poured resin without the mess and time and mistakes. You should really try out some of my drops, they are time and lifesavors and you get that glossy, domed look of poured resin. They are polyurethain resin drops so they are not like epoxy that arent clear and yellow..these are drops of heaven. Let me know ifyou want to try some out, you willlove them!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleycole22 View Post
Alot of the ladies use ET Lite resin, its two part resin and it has a really nice look if you do it right. I used ET lite for a long time until I switched to my Sweethart Resin drops...you get the same look as the poured resin without the mess and time and mistakes. You should really try out some of my drops, they are time and lifesavors and you get that glossy, domed look of poured resin. They are polyurethain resin drops so they are not like epoxy that arent clear and yellow..these are drops of heaven. Let me know ifyou want to try some out, you willlove them!
ok i wanna know.......what are resin drops? is this a liquid or is it something that you like snap on to the caps?? i've been very curious
Old 06-29-2010, 02:03

Quote:
I would like to know how these resins are applied...do I still need something loke ET light to get them to adhere to the cap?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:03

Yes Id like to try them out, how do I apply them to the cap? JUst snap on ???
Old 06-29-2010, 06:39

These resin drops are polyurtheaine resin domes with an adhesive on the bottom, simple terms they are clear resin domed stickers. you just peel off and stick them to your images that are on the caps or pendant trays. they are permante so once they are on they arent going anywhere. they give your caps the domed glossy look of poured resin. ill attach what they look like when you get them, just like stickers and what they look like done, they look like poured resin its great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pu 1in rounds.jpg (19.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09716.jpg (54.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 06-30-2010, 07:28

Quote:
These resin drops are polyurtheaine resin domes with an adhesive on the bottom, simple terms they are clear resin domed stickers. you just peel off and stick them to your images that are on the caps or pendant trays. they are permante so once they are on they arent going anywhere. they give your caps the domed glossy look of poured resin. ill attach what they look like when you get them, just like stickers and what they look like done, they look like poured resin its great!

i would like to try them...how much are they? i get resin all over everything!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarasMommy View Post
i would like to try them...how much are they? i get resin all over everything!
The resin drops are .20 and worth every penny! Just let me know what you need. I have 1in rounds perfect for caps, 1in squares and scrabble tile drops too..
Old 07-01-2010, 12:03

is it .20 for each drop? or a sheet? or what?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:17

I would be interested in these as well. Do you have to seal the image before you put the resin drops on? Such a great idea!
Sponsored Links