new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-26-2010, 11:49

Default Bottle Caps

I just got about 30 bottle caps, they are NOT flattened and I want to attach them to an alligator clip. Can anyone please share any ideas. I tried to look them up but I would like instructions (detailed) please. I do know I have to use E6000 glue with them

If anyone has a video or Pictures with detailed instructions I would appreciate it! Thank you so much!

Last edited by Mel0402; 06-26-2010 at 11:52.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2010, 12:02

Default Re: Bottle Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel0402 View Post
I just got about 30 bottle caps, they are NOT flattened and I want to attach them to an alligator clip. Can anyone please share any ideas. I tried to look them up but I would like instructions (detailed) please. I do know I have to use E6000 glue with them

If anyone has a video or Pictures with detailed instructions I would appreciate it! Thank you so much!
I just stick a small felt pad (like the ones you put on the bottom of furniture) into the cap. They fit perfectly. Then I just glue to the lined alligator clip. Other people buy small wooden disks and glue those into the cap to fill the hole also.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:08

Great I was thinking about doing felt to stick in there!! Or Foam or something.. I was trying to figure out how to make it so the hole was filled in to stick to the clip (if that made sense )
Old 06-27-2010, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel0402 View Post
Great I was thinking about doing felt to stick in there!! Or Foam or something.. I was trying to figure out how to make it so the hole was filled in to stick to the clip (if that made sense )
you can also get the small wooden disks at like michaels or hobby lobby and put them in there, that is what I do
Old 06-27-2010, 03:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
you can also get the small wooden disks at like michaels or hobby lobby and put them in there, that is what I do
In what section of Michaels ? I don't have a hobby lobby around here.. ugh i miss hobby lobby!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:19

in the unfinished wood section they come like this

Old 06-27-2010, 08:50

Thank you so much for the picture!!! I really appreciate it! Will go there tomorrow.. Do you use E6000 glue?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:05

I also use the felt circles. Dollar General has them like 20 for $1.50. And they're self adhesive...I still use a little E-6000 on 4 spots on the edge of the felt, but I've found them to be easier to use than the wooden discs. They're also a little bit thicker. I couldn't make the discs sit flush with the cap, so I had to work to get enough hot glue to put the disc to the clip KWIM?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:52

I was in a boutique yesterday who sold cute embellished bottlecaps and lined clips with a round magnet on it that way you could switch out the different bottlecaps. I thought it was a cute idea but she wanted $3 a bottlecap and $2 for the clip!! Sheesh!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:02

I have heard of the magnets , which I thought was a cute idea but how much could you get for them $3.00 seems like a alot.. Maybe $6.00 for 2 bottle caps and a clip seems pretty fair!

But thanks for the tips girls.. if anyone else has tips please let me know! I am going to Test a few out, that this lady gave me a sample of the bottle caps so I could practice!

I'll let you know what works for me!
Sponsored Links