Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-26-2010, 01:01

Default Re: Am I just a prude???

I sell those like that but I tell ppl to have the kids wear SOMETHING under them a onsie or a tshirt... SOMETHING LOL

Old 06-26-2010, 12:32

I love this. It's too cute, as is your sweet model.

As for the other stuff, that's such a shame. This is business so why would people behave like that? The sad thing is, someone could get a bug up their butt and do it to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonkeyBoutiqueq View Post
I think for babies it's fine. I think once there over 1 yr they should have some more coverage. It's hard to say with this pic she could have a nude colored tube top on underneath.

Most of the tube tops I make are nude, so you wouldn't be able to tell. Here's a picture of one I did but I used white instead of nude.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:05

I decided to look myself and thought (a crochete top, how bad can it be..) but when I saw the album titled Brandi Williamson Photography by Trinity's Tutus OMG i wanna throw up. I would NEVER let my child take a pic like that. Its horribly inapropriate for a child of that age (any child really) to be dressed like that and bending over to show things...omg...just sick.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:43

i was talking to some moms about this the other day and even some girls without kids.. we all agreed our children would never be seen in those tops... to many creepers in the world!!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:47

I have a little girld that is 4. She has never and will never wear a bikini! She is in a tankini, just because potty is easier. I told my mom that it is getting harder to find them though. I decided if I couldn't find one, then I would rather fight with a one-piece. We NEVER let her go around in just a diaper either. She wore cloth, so trust me, some were OH SO adorable! I still put a dress or skirt on with a normal shirt. She even puts on a white tank under her spaghetti strap tops b/c I have told her to for so long. She will do it without being told now. She wears bermuda shorts (she's the same height of a 5 1/2 year old). She also wears shorts under all skirts and dresses. (Or leggings) I'm old school. (I'm only 27, so it's hard to be old school with the rest of my generation going nutso.)

All-in-all, you're not being a prude.
Sherrie Mom to Alyssa, 4, and Nicholas, 8. Wife to David, since 4/01. Teacher of math to hundreds! I love any and all crafts!! Our fainting goat farm (Avatar in rememberance of my MIL who passed from Uterine Sarcoma June 2008)
Old 06-27-2010, 08:57

I would have to agree. I think that it's a bit much. My friend and i have a saying when we see kids dress this way. Please excuse the way I put this. We call it prosta-totts. I think that if it was a longer top or something then it would be a bit better.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:50

I agree, I wouldn't let my little girl wear that, but I also don't care for the headband top on younger kids and babies either.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:04

I am most definitely a prude when it comes to young girls. The outfit is adorable but should have some sort of tube top underneath. I think we spend so much time trying to instill strength in our girls these days that we don't spend enough time instilling any dignity. My daughter is 15 and I can't believe the way her peers are allowed to dress. They wear shorts/dresses that are up to their Vajay J's and tops cut to their belly button. My daughter cant' even find a decent pair of shorts because they are all cut sooooo short. It's very sad.

Sue
Old 06-28-2010, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyvebber View Post
I decided to look myself and thought (a crochete top, how bad can it be..) but when I saw the album titled Brandi Williamson Photography by Trinity's Tutus OMG i wanna throw up. I would NEVER let my child take a pic like that. Its horribly inapropriate for a child of that age (any child really) to be dressed like that and bending over to show things...omg...just sick.
OMG, that is HORRIBLE! I could see using an actual infant to model bloomers but a preschooler and to pose her like that?!?
Old 06-28-2010, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyvebber View Post
OMG that is just so inapropriate.

I agree that I'd never let neither of my daughter wear that. Children are already prayed upon to easily in the world today. My oldest has a 2 piece but its a tank top style top and has a short style bottom. My youngest wears a whole piece and both often keeps thier t-shirts on over them.
When my dd's were about 5 and 3, the family wet to get popeyes for dinner and were allowed to leave their dress up clothes on And some sick prev sitting at a table. Told his friend with him that he love a piece of that sweet meat from those princesses.My ex and I both were in shock. Thank God my dds didnt understand. My youngest thought we want some of her chicken and proceeded I get him a piece wrapped in a napkin. They left popeyes in the back of a police car . My dd wants a tutu dress for her upcoming b-day.I bought a peice of already smocked fabric to put under the headband part of the top piece. Joannes has the already smocked fabric in several colors.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies