Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-25-2010, 04:19

Default Re: Am I just a prude???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonkeyBoutiqueq View Post
I think for babies it's fine. I think once there over 1 yr they should have some more coverage. It's hard to say with this pic she could have a nude colored tube top on underneath.

Most of the tube tops I make are nude, so you wouldn't be able to tell. Here's a picture of one I did but I used white instead of nude.
Where do you get the tube tops to go under?

www.my3angelwings.com
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2010, 04:41

I make them. you use about 5" and then around depending on the child. You can use any type of spandex material sew it together . There nothing fancy just something to cover up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlucas4 View Post
Where do you get the tube tops to go under?

Lace Rompers/Pant/Bloomers/Hats, Rosette Ribbon NEW COLORS, Rosette Mesh Trim, Shabby Chiffon Flowers, Glitter Elastic Are Now In STOCK..more items coming soon.
www.ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale.com
Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/432068236823110/
Old 06-25-2010, 04:48

My daughter is 16 months old and I wouldn't let her wear a see through, middrift showing shirt. So if it's prude to not want your kid to wear that, then I'm gladly joining the club. I agree, too many perverts out there. Besides, my husband would have a heart attack to see his little princess dressed like that.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:51
ClippyDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelaney View Post
I see this more and more and while I do agree it is cute....I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever let my 3 year wear this as a top. I just don't think little girls need to wear anything that is see through as a top. I understand that I make tutus and tutu dresses and that would be considered see through but the tutus I make are longer so you don't see their bottoms and if you do then they have bloomers on. The dresses I make are very full and I can't see through the top of it. So am I just being a prude? Do you think it's ok to have pictures of your DD in a see through top? Not trying to start anything here just curious about what others feel... and yes I too think all of her tutus are great
http://www.etsy.com/listing/49892814...as-seen-on-the
Yvonne
I 100% agree with you! I wouldn't put my 19mos old twin daughter in ANYTHING remotely see thru, sorry for the language but we live in a effed up world! I don't like tutu dresses that have that crocheted head band thingee top to cover their chest, it's not lined! you can see right thru it plus tutu dresses that you can still see their little chests are just all wrong in my book and not pretty at all, such a waste to have all that tulle on the bottom and nothing covering the top.
SO YOU ARE NOT PRUDE! so you know, because I feel the same way.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:04

It would be adorable over a swimsuit or something. No wouldn't.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:05

You are not a prude at all!!! We have to teach our girls that what they have belongs to them and it should NOT be shown or given away to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think when we do these things when they are young they think it is okay by the time their 10yrs old. I have a REALLY big problem with girls not looking like little girls. It seems parents just want them to look too grown in the clothes they buy. If the clothing isn't age appropriate I am NOT going to put it on my 7yr old.

Just my 0.02
Old 06-25-2010, 08:07

Sorry, I wouldn't either. I did a photo shoot with some of the tutu dresses that I made, and I questioned letting my 18 month old wear the top w/out something underneath.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClippyDiva View Post
I 100% agree with you! I wouldn't put my 19mos old twin daughter in ANYTHING remotely see thru, sorry for the language but we live in a effed up world! I don't like tutu dresses that have that crocheted head band thingee top to cover their chest, it's not lined! you can see right thru it plus tutu dresses that you can still see their little chests are just all wrong in my book and not pretty at all, such a waste to have all that tulle on the bottom and nothing covering the top.
SO YOU ARE NOT PRUDE! so you know, because I feel the same way.
Yes, the world is just messed up and I dont need to dress my daughters as bait or eye candy for pervs.
PS-hi to a fellow twin mama, my girls are 2
Old 06-25-2010, 09:29

I just saw this thread and went to see what y'all were talking about but I guess y'all weren't the only ones that thought the picture/item was not appropriate. This listing is not up any longer.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:41

wow, I wonder if she is a member on here.
I looked at her shop, she is doing good business but it seems like she is having some issues lately, check out her feedback.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg