Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-22-2010, 11:41

Default Rhinestones/Embellishments on Baby Snappies

Just wondering if most people put any kind of embellishments on their baby snap clips? I made some with flower embellishments and then I made two with hot fix for my daughter and she ate the hotfix off both of them in a matter of hours. Should I use glue, or skip the rhinestones entirely...?... The flowers so far have been ok.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05

Default Re: Rhinestones/Embellishments on Baby Snappies

I would skip the rhinestones completely. You don't want to risk your customers having kids that have eaten the rhinestones off the clips! Rhinestones are just so small, seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen! LOL

Old 06-22-2010, 12:34

I don't put rhinestones on anything that goes on a baby. I constantly get requests for blinged onesies, but I refuse to do them.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:40

Nope nope nope, not on anything that it infant, baby. I actually shy away from using even the larger stones on the "toddler" bows and save them for the bigger girls. All my items have a disclaimer but still there's a chance that someone will put it in their mouth. When I do use the stones I always use E6000, I don't have any hotfix or the tool.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:45

Smile Re: Rhinestones/Embellishments on Baby Snappies

Also I think most rhinestones contain lead. I was doing some research on using rhinestones for kids products & came across that tidbit on a lot of sites. CraftSafe is a low lead rhinestone if you still want to use them on things for older kids. Hope that helps.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:48

Actually if the rhinestones are just small ones, they aren't really a 'choking hazard' as they won't block the airway, but the snap clips themselves are. So are alligator clips.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:00

I do only if it's requested. Like for the girls who use them just for photos or older girls that are multi-clipping. It's all discussed prior to use.

If you are doing this for your little girl and following the only under adult supervision thing then I would suggest gluing them! Hot glue holds better.
Also, another suggestion.. a glued AND sewn button or bead. You can get itty bitty ones in packs with holes on just the back part and once you've sewn just add a tiny bit of glue prior to pulling to knot. Voila!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:10

Thanks everyone! I was trying them out on my little girl, as I've never made them before, but I will be selling them. Guess I'll skip the rhinestones on the snappies, that makes the most sense.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie262 View Post
Actually if the rhinestones are just small ones, they aren't really a 'choking hazard' as they won't block the airway, but the snap clips themselves are. So are alligator clips.
Well for one, I don't know about most people but I don't want my DD swallowing anything but food. Secondly I use Swarovski and they contain lead.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:02

Agreed. I'm just saying..the entire clip is a choking hazard, not just the little crystals. They shouldn't be chewing on any of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingmom View Post
Well for one, I don't know about most people but I don't want my DD swallowing anything but food. Secondly I use Swarovski and they contain lead.
Sponsored Links