printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-21-2010, 01:52

Default I love you hobby lobby.. but really??

So I was at HL on Saturday looking around (as much as I can w/ a 2 yr old and 11 yr old boys)... and HL is now carrying nice sewn burp cloths, bibs and matching minky blanets.. super cute I might add. I was like REALLY?? And my 11 yr old said really what mom? Who knew an 11 yr old boy would find it so enjoyable to ring the bell and ask the lady for 1/2 of this, 1 yd of that... lol. They also had a ton of flowers and clips and pins, which before I only noticed the kufi hats and bows.... Not great quality or anything. So.. I'm going to open a HG pool thingy... You guess the month and year HL is going to start offering custom bow orders and then you get all the money in the pot. They did get some new fabric and I love the new fall stuff they had.. AND do stores really start stocking fall in June?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 06-21-2010, 01:57

Default Re: I love you hobby lobby.. but really??

Oh stop your whining...be happy that you have a Hobby Lobby!! LOL

But seriously though I noticed that more and more places are carrying bows, clips, and headbands. I went in to some kind of a dollar store in the mall and found all sorts of clippies including covered snap clips with bows set of 6, etc..all for just a buck!!!! Grrrrrr.......
Old 06-21-2010, 02:03

Yeah.. my niece had the nerve to come to my house wearing a bow she said she got at some dollar store.. IT was actually cute too... not great quality, but still cute.. and get this... BOUGHT it w/ her own money. WHAT??? She never buys anything from me.. Auntie always give it to her for FREE. AND she's constantly asking for new things. Next time I'm at her house I plan to get rid of the cheap ass dollar store bow I've seen her in about 3 times now! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield615 View Post
Oh stop your whining...be happy that you have a Hobby Lobby!! LOL

But seriously though I noticed that more and more places are carrying bows, clips, and headbands. I went in to some kind of a dollar store in the mall and found all sorts of clippies including covered snap clips with bows set of 6, etc..all for just a buck!!!! Grrrrrr.......
Old 06-21-2010, 02:16

Yes Hobby Lobby is already starting to stock fall items. I couldn't resist and bought some gorgeous fall flowers. Half price as well.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:31

I think they should stick to supplies only. The finished product is what we are buying the supplies for....
Old 06-26-2010, 01:07

Where did you see these things? I looked, but didn't see any at my Hobby Lobby.

Michelle
Old 06-26-2010, 01:15

Im sure hobby lobby makes all of the burp cloths...they have a job offered at their corporate office entitled "craft designer" and you make various products for the stores.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:01

Your niece sounds just like mine! I am so tired of the cheap looking dollor store flower she keeps wearing when she has like 100 bow I have made her for FREE. I made her a princess clippie and she said "that's nice, but it needs a face" grrrr gotta love 5 year olds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Yeah.. my niece had the nerve to come to my house wearing a bow she said she got at some dollar store.. IT was actually cute too... not great quality, but still cute.. and get this... BOUGHT it w/ her own money. WHAT??? She never buys anything from me.. Auntie always give it to her for FREE. AND she's constantly asking for new things. Next time I'm at her house I plan to get rid of the cheap ass dollar store bow I've seen her in about 3 times now! LOL.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:04

The stuff was in the middle section of the store... you know where they have all the decorative stuff for you house. They didn't have a TON just a few of them and I think they were blue/ brown & pink/ brown.

Maybe I can get a job at HL. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mllinden View Post
Where did you see these things? I looked, but didn't see any at my Hobby Lobby.

Michelle
Old 06-28-2010, 10:05

This is really upsetting to me, I'm new at this and we Do Not have a HL so I got super excited to find out we will have one soon, and now this, so depressing.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies