printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-20-2010, 04:53

Default E6000 didn't work for my dd's flip flops!!!! ????

I made her Drr flip flops. Today was her FIRST day wearing them and both straps fell off!!! What am I supposed to do or what am I doing wrong? I clipped the straps after applying the glue and let it sit for 24 hrs.

Any suggestions? I'm worried bc I just sold 2 pair of flops to a customer!!!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Nmd0E6MQ#gid=0

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR AWESOME BUYS:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182211411884577/
www.PamperedPrincessPretties.com (Wholesale supplies)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:48

Default Re: E6000 didn't work for my dd's flip flops!!!! ????

I've never used E6000 so I can't help there unfortunately. But I made my niece flip-flops with shoe goo, clipped it and let them dry for 24 hours, same as you did with E-6000, she wore them last night and didn't have a single problem.

I know that doesn't help for the shoes you have already sold. You can get the shoe goo at Wal-Mart, among other places. At Wal-Mart it's $4.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:31

That stinks!! I always use E6000 and haven't had a problem (knocking on Wood!!) My daughter and nieces are actually wearing some from last summer and they are still holding up. Maybe its a bad batch of glue???? Did you use enough glue? I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out what could have gone wrong?!?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:43

I had the same trouble when I used E6000. People swore by it, so I thought it was "the" stuff to get-----WRONG!!!!!! Someone on here tried Shoe-Goo and had good luck with it, so I got some!! It's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure why the E6000 works for some and not others, but I just know it did not work for me. Maybe it has to do with climate or something. HTH!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:20

ive done some flip flops for my daughter too and one pair is great 2 others they bows fell off... i think what the trick was i got the e600 and put it on cardboard and and let is sit for a min or soo i got a dowel cuz thats all i had near me but im sure a popsicle stick would work and then mixed it around a little and then used the stick and rubbed it on the staps and then put DRR... so far so good!!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:38

I wear my FF every day, what I did was put some on the ribbon, and some on the thong and let both "cure" for 1 min. Then I stuck them together, I haven't had a problem yet, and I made 2 pairs for me and 1 pair for DD, plus 1 pair for my goddaughter and she wears hers every day too.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:39

When I first started making flip flops I only put E6000 on the flip flops where the ends of the ribbon would be. I made a tester pair for myself before I could think of selling a pair to someone. Well within in a few uses the ribbon started to become loose along the straps, so dh suggested putting glue all along the straps. Now I put glue all along the straps sometimes on both sides if I see that I have to. I do use A LOT of glue when I make mine to be sure they will hold. I haven't had a problem with the other pairs I have made since. I also clip the ends let them set over night. I have also heard to let them sit for at least 48 hours before they are worn. If you are making them for customers I would suggest waiting 48 hours to be sure they set and so you won't have problems. I would also suggest telling customers to not get them wet nor to leave them in the sun. HTH
Old 06-20-2010, 07:40

You need to let the E6000 glue cure before attaching item to item. Put glue on each side, let cure for a few minutes and then attach. But if it is too hot or too cold, there is something about it that does not work with it too. I have not noticed much with humidity though.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:23

can you get the shoe goo at Ace Hardware? Our Walmart is pityful, so was wondering if they may have it.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:34

THE ONLY thing I have ever gotten to stay is HOT HOT HOT melt hot glue.......all the others, tape, e6K and shoe goo have come off
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies