http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/snazziedrawers-150.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/MMexclusivewholesaleribbon-150.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-auctions.gif
new product--hello kitty 5/8' satin ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-16-2010, 12:17
Default So stinkin' proud...but need some help!! (Pics)

Okay, so, my mom has an all school reunion coming up next week. It's a really small town in Northern Montana, and their school mascot used to be a Canadian goose; they were the "Honkers." lol She called me yesterday and had found a white lily at HL, and was wondering if I could somehow add some red to it. She'll be driving a car full of ladies in the parade and wanted them to all have flowers. The lilies she bought were quite expensive, and the more I thought about it, I knew they just wouldn't be right. I was at Walmart last night and found some super cheap red flowers and white flowers. I thought, "what the heck?" I've really never worked with flowers before, but I am SO dang proud of the way these things came out. They were fraying and creased and smooshed, so I really worked with them and heat sealed the edges which caused them to curl. I took them all apart, and restacked them combining a red flower and a white flower. I emailed a pic to my mom this morning, and she LOVED it. But then, the idea struck her to have the center of the flower say 'Honkers' in it. Of course I immediately thought of a bottle cap. I've never done bottle caps before, and didn't have a tutorial, but I opened up my PSP and I think I came up with a pretty good image Here's where I need help from you ladies: Do you think the cap is going to look okay in the center of the flower? The stone I currently have in the center is about 1/2 inch. AND, HOW do I attach the bottle cap to the flower?? Please help---she wants a couple dozen of these by next week!! Thanks for any advice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bows 006.jpg (39.4 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg bows 008 resized.jpg (46.9 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg bottle caps for printing.jpg (38.8 KB, 163 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2010, 01:41
Default Re: So stinkin' proud...but need some help!! (Pics)

Those look great. If I were you and you don't have much time to finish the bottle caps, I'd get some of the dome resins. They are so easy and would work great with your project. Someone is destashing some under the ribbon, bows and more section. Sorry I can't help tell you how to attach them, I haven't figured that out yet.
Here is the link to the destash-

Last edited by mistymr; 06-16-2010 at 01:44. Reason: added link
Old 06-16-2010, 02:30

I've never attached bottlecaps to flowers, but you could try E6000 -- try using it on a cheap flower you're not planning on using for your mom's bunch.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:55

the easiest way to attach them to a flower is to get a chair pad protectors at the dollar store...glue them onto the inside of the bottlecap and then use either glue gun or E6000 to get them to stay...
Old 06-16-2010, 04:19

I just fill in a big dab of hot glue into the cap, let it dry then add more glue to attach it to flower. Since the cap is mostly white I'd have the top petal be red so it'll stand out more - just a thought!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:31

Thanks, Ladies! I think I can do this! lol I figured I needed something to 'fill' the inside of the cap in order to attach it---those are all great ideas! I'll play with it and see what works best; at least now I have a starting point RufflesandRibbon, I think you are right, and I will switch the order of the petals so the top one is red. I had originally done it with white on top because the glass pebble was red, but since the cap will mostly be white I think it would look better the other way around. Thanks for pointing that out---I may not have stopped to think about it in my hurry to get them done! lol
Sponsored Links