http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-13-2010, 01:20

Default Stinkin' Korkers!

Ok, so I am making korker bows. I sure could use some tips on tying them. they're such squirmy buggers! It's sooo frustrating.

I have a flat surface, lay them on the string, sloooooooooowly tie it, but they always move no matter how slow i do it. Any tricks or anything special you do before you tie them?

thanks, I know it's just a patience thing, but I have redone this one I am doing now about 18 or so times. Never hurts to ask.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 06-13-2010, 01:22

Default Re: Stinkin' Korkers!

i sew mine for added security but before i started sewing i bought a korker box on etsy that really helped to keep them in place while tying, maybe you can look it up on there!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:24

OHHH BLESS YOU! I will check it out!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:24

Did you ever try using L brackets to keep them in line? My dh made a little template thingy for me to make mine. He screwed a few L brackets to a piece pf finished wood, and the korkers stay stacked in between the brackets. Does this make sense?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by avli123 View Post
Did you ever try using L brackets to keep them in line? My dh made a little template thingy for me to make mine. He screwed a few L brackets to a piece pf finished wood, and the korkers stay stacked in between the brackets. Does this make sense?
What is pf?

My hubby is right next to me and about to go to menards to get stuff for it lol.

So where does the string go that you tie them with?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:31

Do you have a picture? lol If it might take more then 5 minutes to post, don't worry about it (hubbyis impatient ARGH).
Old 06-13-2010, 01:33

pf is just a typo, she meant of.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:44

Oh Lord....he's decided he will just make something....I told him to make what we know will work....who knows though. If it doesn't or if he makes what you mentioned and it doesn't seem to help, I will buy that one item on Etsy!

Ya know, it's funny, I was showing him on our carpeted floor how I do it, and he had no problems with them moving at all. I think the carpet held them in place ( we have flat carpet). Weird! Though I can't see myself doing them on the floor, my back would eventually hurt.

Thanks so much guys!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:47

After baking on the dowel, Loosen the ribbon a little on the dowel and cut the length you want using a woodburner so you dont have to heat-seal at the end. Slide the cuts off the dowel and using a large needle, poke each strip through the middle. Once you have how many strips you want on your needle, make sure they are arranged how you want them and sew through the middle a couple of times. Wrap your thread around the middle a few times and tie in the back. Now you can take a look at it and if you put each one on the needle close to the same spot in the ce nter, you shouldnt have uneven ends, but if you do, just use your scissors and snip off any uneven tips and heat seal. After your finished and its attached to the clip, you can spray starch again if you want to and hang upside down to dry so it might remain a little more stiff-I dont and never have a problem.I DO NOT make korkers all the time because they are time consuming and I dont know a fast way to do them. These are just some tips I picked up along the way. Someone else may have a faster way but this was the easiest way for me so it may give you a start so you can figure out some tricks of your own and become the "Queen of Korkers" LOL! Have fun and post pics!

Old 06-13-2010, 01:50

heres the link to make your own korker box

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...oducts_id=6477
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg