New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-13-2010, 01:51

Default Re: Stinkin' Korkers!

That is a great way too! Thank you so much!

sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachie2531 View Post
After baking on the dowel, Loosen the ribbon a little on the dowel and cut the length you want using a woodburner so you dont have to heat-seal at the end. Slide the cuts off the dowel and using a large needle, poke each strip through the middle. Once you have how many strips you want on your needle, make sure they are arranged how you want them and sew through the middle a couple of times. Wrap your thread around the middle a few times and tie in the back. Now you can take a look at it and if you put each one on the needle close to the same spot in the ce nter, you shouldnt have uneven ends, but if you do, just use your scissors and snip off any uneven tips and heat seal. After your finished and its attached to the clip, you can spray starch again if you want to and hang upside down to dry so it might remain a little more stiff-I dont and never have a problem.I DO NOT make korkers all the time because they are time consuming and I dont know a fast way to do them. These are just some tips I picked up along the way. Someone else may have a faster way but this was the easiest way for me so it may give you a start so you can figure out some tricks of your own and become the "Queen of Korkers" LOL! Have fun and post pics!

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:00

Awesome, I am going print that to see which he wants to do. Well, if he isn't being too stubborn and is too set on making it "his way". lol
Old 06-13-2010, 02:19

Ok, so I'm not always going to have someone around to put their finger on the string when tying a knot ...please tell me you all have some tricks! Have you ever used yarn or something that might not go loose?
Old 06-13-2010, 02:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabyz View Post
Ok, so I'm not always going to have someone around to put their finger on the string when tying a knot ...please tell me you all have some tricks! Have you ever used yarn or something that might not go loose?

That is why I sew. Also, when I was just tying them, they would come loose when pulled on sometimes. But I may not have been doing it correctly...
Old 06-13-2010, 03:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachie2531 View Post
That is why I sew. Also, when I was just tying them, they would come loose when pulled on sometimes. But I may not have been doing it correctly...
Yup, I sew mine too. Tying just did not work for me. I got needles called soft doll needles at Joann's, they work awesome. They're huge, like 3" or 4" long, so all the korker pieces fit on there, and once you get 3 or 4 pieces on there, it sits up by itself, so you can use both hands for the ribbon.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:31

I tried that korker box and it was useless for me.

I tried the pin stuck in a piece of board to sew them, again useless.

The easiest way I've found to sew my korkers is blue tac. I'm in Australia, so I'm not sure if it's the same name there, but I just use a blob of blue tac on my desk, put the pin in it, layer the ribbon and then sew. Sooooooooooooo much easier than anything else I've tried and far less mucking around.

HTH!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:40

I dont know what blue muck is. I will have to see if I can find it. But I use a eraser on the bottom of the sewing needle if that helps anyone.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:42

It's the stuff you use to put posters on your wall??? Haha sorry - I have no idea what it's called there, but it works really well!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:49

Those of you that tie them, do you ever have trouble with them coming put since they aren't sewn?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Nmd0E6MQ#gid=0

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR AWESOME BUYS:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182211411884577/
www.PamperedPrincessPretties.com (Wholesale supplies)
Old 06-13-2010, 07:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaRose View Post
I tried that korker box and it was useless for me.

I tried the pin stuck in a piece of board to sew them, again useless.

The easiest way I've found to sew my korkers is blue tac. I'm in Australia, so I'm not sure if it's the same name there, but I just use a blob of blue tac on my desk, put the pin in it, layer the ribbon and then sew. Sooooooooooooo much easier than anything else I've tried and far less mucking around.

HTH!

We always called it fun tack back in the 80's lol. Except, it is NOT fun cleaning it off the walls when you move out of your parent's house after graduating from high school! That stuff would NOT come off back in the day! Hmmm, might try that though, if the "removal" process if better. .
Sponsored Links