New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-11-2010, 02:19

Default Re: bottle cap help asap!

Not sure if you still need help on caps. I print mine on matte finish photo paper. I actually got cheap stuff from the dollar store and that paper works the best for me. My images bleed less. But I do have to put a sealant on them. Buy it from Walmart. It is called Mod Podge Matte Clear Acrylic Sealer. I spray my images like 4 times every 15 minutes to ensure no bleeding. I just bought, on hip girls the sticker paper. You just cut it out and stick it on the cap and the image on top of that. Work great. Then I seal them with the Triple Thick Brilliant Brush-On Gloss Glaze. It is by Aemericana. Got it at Joanns. This process works great for me. I also got the resin drops. I think they work great. I make bottle cap key chains and necklaces and the drops work wonders for me. Got them on ETSY.
Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 06-11-2010, 11:23

Honestly if anyone can make these for me, I will pay. I just do not have the time to figure this all out, since we are buying a house. If anyone can get these to me by the begining of next week pm me. The bows have to be to these people before the 20th.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:28

I have been using the resin domes and love them.. What is it about them that you don' t like?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:33

They are lifting the whole image off the bottle cap. I have tried hot glue, and E6000 and I can not keep the image to stay on the bottle cap.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedancer201 View Post
You can get ET Lite at Hobby Lobby. You also will need to seal your images if you printed them at home. I use a spray sealant found at Hobby Lobby. Oh and modge podge if you don't have a sticker maker to stick your images to the caps (can also be used to seal the images from what I understand).

I use ET Lite also and I do use Modge Podge to seal the images. Works well.

If you use the ET Lite exhale or use a lighter to remove the bubbles.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:40

Hmmm... I glue my image to the cap and let it dry completely and then put the dome on.. I just glue them one day and then the next day put the domes on.. I have only had that problem once or twice when I got to anxious and put the domes on before the glue dried... IF that doesn't help maybe you just got some yucky domes. I found a lady on ebay that I buy mine from and I love them... I hate you are having these troubles.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:41

Yeah another thing is I ran out of domes! I used them all tring to get these to stick onto the cap. I ordered more, so hopefully they come. With moving, I can't afford to get that sticker thing. So can I just buy sticker paper?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:56

I havent tried that yet I have used the REAL sticky scotch glue in the craft section and have had good luck with that
Old 06-11-2010, 11:56

I havent tried that yet I have used the REAL sticky scotch glue in the craft section and have had good luck with that when applying my images.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:09

Well im going to buy mod podge matte clear acrylic sealer, triple thick brilliant brush on gloss glaze and some scotch glue. Am I missing anything? I can't get the sticker maker right now, or the light thing.

So I print the paper (photo paper)
spray it with the sealer
punch out the images
put on the glue
stick the image on
wait to dry...how long?
then brush on glaze

Sound right for the end product??