printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-06-2010, 02:35

Default bow security...

This is a question for those of you that 1st finish your bow THEN attach to a lined clip...Have your bows ever fallen off the clip? or does the hot glue hold em pretty well?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 06-06-2010, 02:40

Default Re: bow security...

I find hot glue hold well. A lot of girls I think use E6000 and I find it too runny.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:50

Regardless of lots of people using the E6000...ugh...I just can't handle the fumes/texture/time to let sit and dry...doesn't seem worth it to me...
I use fabritac with my little stuff...I've never ever had a problem with it...I've heard of people saying that Fabritac doesn't hold but I've gotten a bad batch before and it was total crap...
Gorilla glue is also AWESOME. Slight fumes tho.
I've slowly been going thru the section at the local hardware and home/garden stores checking out some of the other adhesives to see how well they hold up...It never hurts to try .
Old 06-06-2010, 03:50

I use hot glue and (knock on wood) have never had a problem with them falling off. I think thats what I hear most people using. I think the E6000 is used more for the embellishments.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:22

invest in a really HOT HOT HOT melt glue gun, many of the cheaper ones dont get hot enough for LASTING stuff. I have stuff that is 6 yrs old and hasnt come off yet with hot glue

This is the one I have used for YEARS (well, I have had many) and I like ti b.c it is dual melt.....AND it has a very thin nozzle, the big box stores (W-mart, joann, michaels, hobby lob etc) carry it for between 10 and 15 bux!!! Also, make sure you purchase HOT MELT (not dual melt) glue sticks, they are better imo
Old 06-06-2010, 04:59

thank you for the hot glue gun suggestion!!! I will check those out!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:33

I second using a really good, really HOT glue gun. Sometimes I'll put a clip on backwards or slightly crooked and when I try to pull it off the bow to reposition it, the clip doesn't budge. It takes some serious effort to get it to come off.

When I saw "bow security" I imagined a high profile bow with lots of bling being surrounded by security. Security: "Hey, don't get too close to the bow. Step away, please." Hehehe!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:31

I have always used hot glue and I usually don't have a problem, my girls (3 and 8) are good to their bows, I know my niece (3) has broken a few of hers that I have made but she is rough on stuff - will actually sit and TRY to pull them apart.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:36

I agree with everyone else about the hot glue guns. I started off with a cheap version gun and am now finding some of my daughters bows are not as strongly held as they used to be. My newest gun is SUPER hot temp and it holds VERY WELL!!! I think that's the key...super high temp :-)
Old 06-06-2010, 08:31

I just hot glue mine and I have never had a problem.

But my glue gun gets really really hot and I use a think and long bead of glue on the clippie to anchor the bow.

I too have had to take one off before to change the direction of the clip because of the way my daugther wears her hair and it was serious effot to get it off. My DD yanks all her bows out of her hair and has never torn one apart.
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies

Tags
attaching to clip, hot glue, line clip, lining clip