5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon

New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-11-2008, 02:56
Default Re: Which glue do you use to line clips?

Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
I use hot glue. If it's going to be under a bow, it doesn't really matter if it shows through. If it's for a clip that will show I use more glue and then squeeze the ribbon so that the glue comes out the side. Then I use my finger and wipe the excess glue off. It used to burn my fingers, but they are used to it now. LOL Oh and I use a lighter on any glue that happens to show out the sides. It turns it clear so it doesn't show up white and messy.
Ditto! Except, instead of a lighter, I use the side of the glue gun's hot metal spout thing and run in along the edges...
Lybby @

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2008, 11:11

I use hot glue as well. Have you tried a melting pot from michaels? There like 5-6 bucks. You can use a tooth pick to so that you won't have any bumps. I also use facbric tac. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:35

I use fabric tac for everything, have never had a problem with anything coming off! I've not heard of the magna tac,but will look for it to give it a try
Sponsored Links