New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-11-2008, 12:22

Default Pearl Headband HELP

I have a customer who would like me to make her two 1" satin covered headbands with pearls on top. I am thinking of just stringing them and wrapping the thread around and under and then repeating until I fill the top with the pearls. Does this sound right, or does anyone else have any other suggestions on how to adhere the pearls on top? Also, I was thinking of lining the inside with velvet ribbon to make them more comfortable and stay put. Again, any other suggestions to make them more comfortable and give them staying power? THANKS!!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2008, 02:38

Default Re: Pearl Headband HELP

i've never done these, but i would make sure not to string the pearls under the headband... ouch! Try wire, it might have less chance of breaking if pulled on!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:08

Yes, that would hurt! I am only stringing them on the top and bringing the thread underneath, then repeating on down the line! I bought some sort of pearl thread at Michaels. Hopefully, it won't break!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:51

that sounds pretty. be sure to post a pic when you are done. =)
Old 03-11-2008, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecansofbeans View Post
You can also use hotfix pearls.

Lorraine
I've never heard of hotfix pearls. I'm still new to all of this. Can you tell me more about what they are?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:54

I would use beading wire and only bead the pearls ontop not underneath, then put the velvet if you wanted to cover the wire. If you pull the wire tight enough the beads will stay secured in place.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:27

Well, ladies, I have finished my first pearl headbands!!! The first one took me a while, since I have NEVER even wrapped a headband! The second one didn't take me that long. I think I undercharged her too, because she wanted a price before I had even attempted them. I quoted her $10 each. I think I should have charged at least $15.00???

So, here is what I did.

I wrapped a 1" headband with 7/8" satin ribbon.
Then, I used a needle to thread some clear thread specifially used with pearls. I knotted the thread on the underside of the headband.
Next, I strung tons of pearls onto the thread and began wrapping them around to the top of the band in 3's. I had to use a really long piece of thread. (The first time I tried it, I had to tie it off b/c I ran out of the thread. SO, use A LOT!)
After I got around to the endpoint of the band where I wanted to stop, I tied it off again on the underside of the band. THen I got another long thread and started running it through the pearl rows (up one row, then back down the row next to it. I kept doing this to the end of the band and then did it again going back the other way. That way, all the rows are secure to each other now too, and not just to the band. HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE!)
Next, I lined the underside of the band with velvet ribbon to cover all the areas where I tied off the thread and to also make it nonslip and more compfortable.

So, here is the end result. Let me know what you all think and if you have any suggestions to make it easier or better! I could use any time saving tips!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08359.jpg (27.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08364.jpg (26.3 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-19-2008, 12:50

That's pretty. I could even see a bride wearing something like that.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:35

Those look wonderful! You can also use dental floss to sew the pearls on with, it is very strong. I use it for stringing beads alot and just can't keep enough of it on hand.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg