Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-10-2008, 09:34

Default Need ideas for a special request...

Okay, so I have a lady who wants me to match flowers to her three girls Easter dresses. Each of the dresses have pink, black, and white. I know what to do for 2 of the flowers, but the last one I am stumped. It is for her youngest who is 3. She wants something more girly and she LOVES korkers. But she doesn't want just a korker, she wants a flower. She wants a flower with black, white, and pink maybe with korkers coming out of the bottom. Any ideas?

I was just thinking of making the cute ribbon flowers (the free instructions from TRR) but I haven't gotten that far plus I don't know if she would want that. She says she likes everything I make and trusts me to come up with something cute! AAH! I have got to get this one right!

Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2008, 09:42

Default Re: Need ideas for a special request...

I would recommend the flower loop bow from TRR that you're thinking of... one layer each of pink, white & black: or mix the colors in each layer. Maybe a white pearl or beaded center flower for the bow center. Maybe green korkers or spikes or whatever for leaves underneath.

Just my thoughts. How nice that you have someone who trusts you so completely to come up with something special!

MichelleB
Old 03-10-2008, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
I would recommend the flower loop bow from TRR that you're thinking of... one layer each of pink, white & black: or mix the colors in each layer. Maybe a white pearl or beaded center flower for the bow center. Maybe green korkers or spikes or whatever for leaves underneath.

Just my thoughts. How nice that you have someone who trusts you so completely to come up with something special!

MichelleB
Thanks! I like the idea of having green korkers for the "leaves". Great idea. I guess I will have to learn pretty quickly how to do the flower loop bow! Thanks for the ideas...

Old 03-10-2008, 09:55

Good Luck! I think that will be a pretty bow. You'll have to post pics when you finish!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:38

Maybe you could do a pink, white and black korker and then put a jewel in the middle and press it down - kinda like those RR ones, but just made with a korker instead?

Bows, Etc.
Handmade hair bows, clips, and headbands for all ages.

Kumihimo Woven Headband Instructions now available in my Etsy shop!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:43

yay! Go for it!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:15

I just got through making some ribbon flower bows for Easter too! I used Lynn's waterlilly directions to help make the flowers. I tucked korkers underneath it. That I made into a little clip.

Then...I made a boutique bow with spikes (matching). I put a loop of ribbon to slide the korker/flower clippie into. My thinking was that the mom can get 3 bows out of it. 1) Big, frou-frou Easter bow. 2) Korker/flower clippie, 3) Boutique bow w/ spikes.

Hope that makes sense. It's pretty stinkin' cute, if I do say so myself. Plus it feels like good value since the mom gets 3 bows for the price of 1.

We are all workin' on the same stuff!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelzer View Post
I just got through making some ribbon flower bows for Easter too! I used Lynn's waterlilly directions to help make the flowers. I tucked korkers underneath it. That I made into a little clip.

Then...I made a boutique bow with spikes (matching). I put a loop of ribbon to slide the korker/flower clippie into. My thinking was that the mom can get 3 bows out of it. 1) Big, frou-frou Easter bow. 2) Korker/flower clippie, 3) Boutique bow w/ spikes.

Hope that makes sense. It's pretty stinkin' cute, if I do say so myself. Plus it feels like good value since the mom gets 3 bows for the price of 1.

We are all workin' on the same stuff!
I like the sounds of your first one (this lady doesn't want too fru fru). Do you have a photo? I forgot about the waterlily. I should try that.

I played around with ribbon tonight and I didn't like how things turned out. I am frustrated. I looked at my notes of what she wanted and realized that she also wants a black, pink, and white flower (silk flower). I don't have any black flowers. What am I going to do? Plus, I only have two days left to get ready for this huge bow party. I need to work on stocking up my inventory instead of playing around!! I am frustrated right now. I think I just might make a few things and give her a choice and hope she likes some of them!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:43

have you looked in the scrapbooking section lately? they have a lot of silk flowers all taken apart. Maybe they have the colors you're looking for. It might give you some inspiration.
Sorry you're frustrated! I hate when people want black! I never know what to do with black! I'll let you know if I come up with anything. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:50

maybe you could incorporate the black as the bow center to the ribbon flower. Did you try the totts ribbon flower and not like it? maybe if you post pics of the other two flowers, we could come up with an idea to match? GL
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies