New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-11-2008, 04:15

Default Re: Ribbon for pony tails

Oh ok. I will try that out...
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasbowtique View Post
I took some to a sell and sold everyone but i make mine much, much longer than 14-16 inches. I slip it through the ponytail holder than wrap it around to cover it up and then tie it like you would your shoe and I like tails hanging down. It measures out at almost 3 feet to do this. I know it seems like alot but my teenager sister wears them all the time and I cut the same amount for her. She has got to have one cut in every color by now. I charged $2.50 for them. I didn't think that was bad figuring I paid $1.50 for 5 yards and got $2.50 for one yard. Now this length is for a big girl ponytail, all the hair up.
That's a cute idea, but when you use the pony o, does the ribbon wrapping it stay put? Doesn't unravel or get twisted funny?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:16

Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like once it's in your hair? I tried making one and I'm not sure that I put it in my hair right.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:22

Being I kinda started this thread back in March I will tell you that it was a great success. I sold $250 in just cut ribbon. I cut the strips 32" with heat sealed slanted ends. I charged $2 for solid and $2.50 for print, but have even seen solid sell for $2.50 each. My husband and I set up a little jig with my metal ruler and glass cutting mat. Measured the 34" from the edge of the table and pulled one ribbon at a time and cut, and boy it took no time to cut. At the time I first tried this I did not have any bow cards and I took 3x5 index cards and made two slits in the middle about 1 1/2 inches apart. I folded the ribbon in half and again in half until it was just about the size of the card. I then slid the ribbon thru the cuts, this kept the ends looped and did not actually put a crease in the ribbon. Worked great and I get request for this a lot. Most teens, high school girls, and even college girls love these. They don't want them on pony o's because they just pull out the ribbon and wrap it around their pony tail and tie a plain bow like tying a shoelace. Sorry so wordy, but I don't explain very well unless I give details. HTH!
Krista
Old 09-14-2008, 12:08

WOW!!! Thanks for the info, Krista!!! I guess I will cut some ribbon!!! How strange!!! I'm sorry - did you mention how many ribbons you sold in a package? Just one color for 2.50??? Yikes!!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:21

Well, the craft show got rained out, so I wasn't able to try to sell these. We will see at my next show on Sept. 27th!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:10

After spending the last weekend with my 14 year-old niece ... yes, that's what teens like ... just plain ribbon to tie around their ponytail. My niece has a small square tub full of just loose ribbons.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sla762 View Post
WOW!!! Thanks for the info, Krista!!! I guess I will cut some ribbon!!! How strange!!! I'm sorry - did you mention how many ribbons you sold in a package? Just one color for 2.50??? Yikes!!
yep, for one ribbon! I thought it was a little insane myself, but I live in South GA, and I have seen others sell for the same price. One lady told me she did not mind because the ends were heat sealed, like nobody knows how to heat seal. I learned that as a child with my dad heat sealing the ends of my shoe strings!
Old 10-31-2008, 04:12

Bump... Does Satin ribbon work for these as well or just grosgrain? what about 3/8 ribbon?
Old 10-31-2008, 02:22

thats how I did my hair as a kid... tied on ribbons... or big fluffy yard things... I cant be the only child of the 70's on here

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults