New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-31-2010, 07:16
ksterling628

Default Glitter Glam Headbands

Did anyone else buy these instructions? I am trying to make some and it calls for an "iron mesh guard"

What in the hell is this? I've looked everywhere, online and at all the craft stores...no one has ever heard of it.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 11:00

Default Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

I didn't buy those instructions, but I have the same thing with a dfferent name. I haven't made it yet.

The mesh iron guard is to keep the velvet nap from being crushed when you fuse it to the rest of the band. Velvet is supposed to be steamed not ironed.

You can google "ironing velvet" and find some other ideas: using another piece of velvet, using a towel, something called a Velvaboard.

Hope that helps some!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:37
ksterling628

Thanks! I did end up finding something but apparently it's only available in the UK so it and shipping to states is going to be around 15.00 so I don't want to have to buy it unless necessary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha1999 View Post
I didn't buy those instructions, but I have the same thing with a dfferent name. I haven't made it yet.

The mesh iron guard is to keep the velvet nap from being crushed when you fuse it to the rest of the band. Velvet is supposed to be steamed not ironed.

You can google "ironing velvet" and find some other ideas: using another piece of velvet, using a towel, something called a Velvaboard.

Hope that helps some!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:13

Cool Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksterling628 View Post
Did anyone else buy these instructions? I am trying to make some and it calls for an "iron mesh guard"
What in the hell is this? I've looked everywhere, online and at all the craft stores...no one has ever heard of it.
Don't worry, you only iron the velvet for a few seconds, I have ironed the crap out of my velvet ribbon making these headbands, and the velvet was fine.
Also, DON'T BUY THESE INSTRUCTIONS!!!! There was another few threads a while back about these. Evidently, two crafters collaborated to make this tut, to give out for free. One of them decided to sell them (against their original agreement) while the other was giving the instructions out for free on this board. Hard feelings ensued, and the rest of the story is in these boards somewhere....Don't ask me, I just read a lot of threads looking for a free tut on these headbands! Just search under glitter headbands or 'resurrecting an old post" or something like that...

I received the instructions for free and with her blessings will share with anyone who asks....

Shelleigh
Old 06-01-2010, 09:25

Are these the softball glitter headbands? If so I would love to have the tut!!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:27

I iron velvet ribbon when I make headbands and haven't had a problem at all. I also never bought instructions, just make them my own way.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:31
ksterling628

WOAH....I guess I was a sucker then, because I bought them months ago.

A few people have asked me for them and I said no, because they weren't mine to give (apparently whoever I bought them from has fallen off the face of the earth, so I couldn't direct them anywhere to buy them) but to know this...I guess i'll share if anyone wants them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
Don't worry, you only iron the velvet for a few seconds, I have ironed the crap out of my velvet ribbon making these headbands, and the velvet was fine.
Also, DON'T BUY THESE INSTRUCTIONS!!!! There was another few threads a while back about these. Evidently, two crafters collaborated to make this tut, to give out for free. One of them decided to sell them (against their original agreement) while the other was giving the instructions out for free on this board. Hard feelings ensued, and the rest of the story is in these boards somewhere....Don't ask me, I just read a lot of threads looking for a free tut on these headbands! Just search under glitter headbands or 'resurrecting an old post" or something like that...

I received the instructions for free and with her blessings will share with anyone who asks....

Shelleigh
Old 06-01-2010, 10:42

Velvet boards are great, but they are wickedly expensive (starting at $75.00, usually more). The most common size is small (13" x 5") -- larger sizes, like 36" x 8", are over $200.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:25

I use a piece of cloth over it and it works fine with these instructions. Muslin.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:30

I would love these instructions as well!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Nmd0E6MQ#gid=0

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR AWESOME BUYS:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182211411884577/
www.PamperedPrincessPretties.com (Wholesale supplies)
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies