New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2010, 07:16
ksterling628
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Glitter Glam Headbands

Did anyone else buy these instructions? I am trying to make some and it calls for an "iron mesh guard"

What in the hell is this? I've looked everywhere, online and at all the craft stores...no one has ever heard of it.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2010, 11:00
masha1999's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 632
Default Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

I didn't buy those instructions, but I have the same thing with a dfferent name. I haven't made it yet.

The mesh iron guard is to keep the velvet nap from being crushed when you fuse it to the rest of the band. Velvet is supposed to be steamed not ironed.

You can google "ironing velvet" and find some other ideas: using another piece of velvet, using a towel, something called a Velvaboard.

Hope that helps some!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2010, 11:37
ksterling628
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

Thanks! I did end up finding something but apparently it's only available in the UK so it and shipping to states is going to be around 15.00 so I don't want to have to buy it unless necessary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha1999 View Post
I didn't buy those instructions, but I have the same thing with a dfferent name. I haven't made it yet.

The mesh iron guard is to keep the velvet nap from being crushed when you fuse it to the rest of the band. Velvet is supposed to be steamed not ironed.

You can google "ironing velvet" and find some other ideas: using another piece of velvet, using a towel, something called a Velvaboard.

Hope that helps some!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2010, 08:13
Blkhawkfan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 176
Cool Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksterling628 View Post
Did anyone else buy these instructions? I am trying to make some and it calls for an "iron mesh guard"
What in the hell is this? I've looked everywhere, online and at all the craft stores...no one has ever heard of it.
Don't worry, you only iron the velvet for a few seconds, I have ironed the crap out of my velvet ribbon making these headbands, and the velvet was fine.
Also, DON'T BUY THESE INSTRUCTIONS!!!! There was another few threads a while back about these. Evidently, two crafters collaborated to make this tut, to give out for free. One of them decided to sell them (against their original agreement) while the other was giving the instructions out for free on this board. Hard feelings ensued, and the rest of the story is in these boards somewhere....Don't ask me, I just read a lot of threads looking for a free tut on these headbands! Just search under glitter headbands or 'resurrecting an old post" or something like that...

I received the instructions for free and with her blessings will share with anyone who asks....

Shelleigh
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 489
Default Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

Are these the softball glitter headbands? If so I would love to have the tut!!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:27
sweetbabyjane's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 280
Default Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

I iron velvet ribbon when I make headbands and haven't had a problem at all. I also never bought instructions, just make them my own way.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:31
ksterling628
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

WOAH....I guess I was a sucker then, because I bought them months ago.

A few people have asked me for them and I said no, because they weren't mine to give (apparently whoever I bought them from has fallen off the face of the earth, so I couldn't direct them anywhere to buy them) but to know this...I guess i'll share if anyone wants them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
Don't worry, you only iron the velvet for a few seconds, I have ironed the crap out of my velvet ribbon making these headbands, and the velvet was fine.
Also, DON'T BUY THESE INSTRUCTIONS!!!! There was another few threads a while back about these. Evidently, two crafters collaborated to make this tut, to give out for free. One of them decided to sell them (against their original agreement) while the other was giving the instructions out for free on this board. Hard feelings ensued, and the rest of the story is in these boards somewhere....Don't ask me, I just read a lot of threads looking for a free tut on these headbands! Just search under glitter headbands or 'resurrecting an old post" or something like that...

I received the instructions for free and with her blessings will share with anyone who asks....

Shelleigh
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:42
Dede's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,532
Default Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

Velvet boards are great, but they are wickedly expensive (starting at $75.00, usually more). The most common size is small (13" x 5") -- larger sizes, like 36" x 8", are over $200.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2010, 11:25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 323
Default Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

I use a piece of cloth over it and it works fine with these instructions. Muslin.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2010, 11:30
meganskiddos's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,246
Default Re: Glitter Glam Headbands

I would love these instructions as well!
__________________
******************************************
STRIPED GLITTER ELASTIC!!!!!
ORDER:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Nmd0E6MQ#gid=0

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR AWESOME BUYS:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182211411884577/
www.PamperedPrincessPretties.com (Wholesale supplies)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger