http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-31-2010, 04:47

Default I am tutu dumb

Ok, so I know how to make a square knot with 2 pieces of string, or tulle, or whatever. But how the heck do I tie one around a piece of elastic? I seriously can't do it. I have the pixie tutorial and I am lost

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:54

Default Re: I am tutu dumb

Let's see if my way of explaining makes any sense...

I take the strip of tulle and fold it in half... it needs to be an upside down "U". You take the upside down U, and put it behind the elastic so it peeks out over the elastic. Then you take the ends, and going OVER the elastic, put them through the space between the "U" and the elastic. Then you pull it, not too tightly, and there ya go!

Was that clear... as mud?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikisazombie View Post
Let's see if my way of explaining makes any sense...

I take the strip of tulle and fold it in half... it needs to be an upside down "U". You take the upside down U, and put it behind the elastic so it peeks out over the elastic. Then you take the ends, and going OVER the elastic, put them through the space between the "U" and the elastic. Then you pull it, not too tightly, and there ya go!

Was that clear... as mud?
Well, thats how I`d explain it...
Old 05-31-2010, 08:22

When I do what you said, I just ended up with a slip knot around the elastic. I guess I am asking how to tie 2 pieces of tulle in a square knot around the elastic. I am not so good at following directions apparently.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola459 View Post
When I do what you said, I just ended up with a slip knot around the elastic. I guess I am asking how to tie 2 pieces of tulle in a square knot around the elastic. I am not so good at following directions apparently.
You probably did exactly what she just described to you. I use to think that was the square knot, but someone else has called it a larks knot or something like that, but that's how I do mine and them come out nicely. I've heard people say the square knot if tight and hard to get undone, but if you read about it, it's suppose to be easy to undo so I haven't used it. I don't know, personal preference I guess.
Sponsored Links