ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-10-2008, 10:33

Question E6000 or Hotfix for bling??

I want to add some bling to my bows and bottle caps.... Question: which holds better? E6000 or a hotfix method (like bejewler, bedazzler, Kandiecane etc.)???
I've used E6000 for all my other sticky subjects in the past, and never had problems. A hotfix tool would make things easier though (I'd think neater, because the E6000 can get stringy and is like a 2year old - quite temperamental at times hehe). Would the hotfix tool hurt the ribbon??
What should I do?

Thanks, Ladies
Sabine in Illinois
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-10-2008, 10:39

Default Re: E6000 or Hotfix for bling??

I've never had a problem with a hotfix tool on ribbon. I love mine.

and in the end, the love you take... is equal to the love you make
Old 03-10-2008, 05:24

Smile Re: E6000 or Hotfix for bling??

THANKS!! I'm thinking about getting a tool - looked at the "bedazzler" (I think that's what it was called) at wally-world - hm... had stand-like thingie with it - kinda stationary or a "portable" which I think is battery operated (?) - hm... don't think so LOL
I found this site Hot Fix Crystals, Hot Fix Rhinestones. FREE SHIPPING and the Lowest Prices!
What do you think of those tools?
I really REALLY appreciate your help! Thanks so much

Sabine
Old 03-10-2008, 06:27

I was wanting to know the same thing. Has anyone washed the item several times to see how well it holds up?
Old 03-10-2008, 11:21

I can't stand that tool. I don't know if its just me, but my stones kept sticking to the tip. It made me crazy!!! Maybe it was me though?!?!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:33

It won't burn your ribbon or tulle. I have done the hotfix on tulle with great results. I didn't have much problem with the stones sticking in the tip. There are little slits in the side of tip you can stick something really narrow through in order to lift the tool off the stone. I think they even sell a little tool for that purpose, too.

ISO: manners
Old 03-10-2008, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by njzmom View Post
I can't stand that tool. I don't know if its just me, but my stones kept sticking to the tip. It made me crazy!!! Maybe it was me though?!?!
If you hv flatbacks, go ahead use the E6000.

As for the sticking thingy...is the tip bigger than the size of the crystals? My tool comes in multiple sizes.

What I do for blinging one crystal is, place the crystal directly on the bow (example, center bow), and place the tool on the crystal. I've never tried picking it up with the tool. I've read the instructions that came with mine and to me, that part, just don't make no sense.

I can't place it to long but then, it has to be long enough for the tool to pick up the crystal. By this time, my visual placement as to where the crystal supposed to be placed at will be gone POOF! disappear coz my concentration falls on make-sure-the-crystal-doesn't-fall-before-it-gets-to-the-bow. OR, I'll end up placing the tool too long that it'll end up sticking or melting the glue too much and out comes the cussing coz i've just wasted one (Never happened..just the would-be scenarios that I played in my mind when I first started last year..lol).

Yes sure, I can always mark it but the less steps that can be cut down, the better. And the end result will still be the same: the bow/clippie got BLING

I always use a Size smaller tip than the Crystal. But then again, it comes back to the I-don't-use-the-tool-to-pick-up-crystal.

.....not much help, am i?...

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:37

thanks, i think i have problems!

i will have to try it again!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg