printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-28-2010, 02:49

Default Ribbon flip flops with round rhinestone buckle (slider)

I want to make these ribbon flip flops. I'm going to attach a picture. Does anyone want to give step by step instructions of how to make it. I always would LOVE help on where you purchase the supplies for these. I want to make them and know a lot of you would know more about where to get the supplies the cheapest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flipflopspic.jpg (62.4 KB, 142 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 05-28-2010, 03:32

Default Re: Ribbon flip flops with round rhinestone buckle (slider)

I have some of the rhinestone sliders left over from a buy that I did, they are 7/8" and are $1.20 each.
jeannie

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 06-02-2010, 09:41

That buckle is about a 27 or 30mm. I sell both of those as well as a 27mm clip that would work well. My site is www.thebuckleboutique.com

I also have bunch of really cute buckles on sale right now, baseball, martini, cross, etc. Please be sure to check them out.

Thanks! Cathie
Old 06-02-2010, 10:39

i have made these and i get my sliders from cathie at buckle boutique. i do it a little different than cathie recommends but it works for me. first i tie the buckle on to the flip flop - first with 6lb test fishing line and then cover it with embroidery floss in a matching color. i slip knot the fishing line and then the floss to the underside of the buckle and then wrap it around the thong part and then weave it back and forth thru the back of the slide and wrapping around the thong. you just have to play with this - hard to explain but very easy to do. i knot it off twice - just to be safe. then i put the ribbon thru. i use an 8" piece of ribbon - folded in half then stitched. once the ribbon is in place i put lots of either e6000 or shoe goo under the ribbon to attach it to the flip flop. i hope this helps. i have sold a lot of these this summer - let me know if theres anyway i can help you further. sally
Old 06-03-2010, 11:52

Sally:

Sounds like a great approach!!!

If you don't mind, I might borrow the information below when I get the question about how to attach the buckle.

Thanks! Cathie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldwal View Post
i have made these and i get my sliders from cathie at buckle boutique. i do it a little different than cathie recommends but it works for me. first i tie the buckle on to the flip flop - first with 6lb test fishing line and then cover it with embroidery floss in a matching color. i slip knot the fishing line and then the floss to the underside of the buckle and then wrap it around the thong part and then weave it back and forth thru the back of the slide and wrapping around the thong. you just have to play with this - hard to explain but very easy to do. i knot it off twice - just to be safe. then i put the ribbon thru. i use an 8" piece of ribbon - folded in half then stitched. once the ribbon is in place i put lots of either e6000 or shoe goo under the ribbon to attach it to the flip flop. i hope this helps. i have sold a lot of these this summer - let me know if theres anyway i can help you further. sally
Old 06-04-2010, 09:36

of course you can!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:24

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I feel like I can do this now! What size buckle do you buy? and are you using the 1.5 width grosgrain for these?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:33

no, the 7/8th.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg