Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-27-2010, 07:34

Default et lite

I just did my first set of bottlecaps ever. In a few, there are bubbles. I've tried poking at them with a toothpick and holding a lighter over them to get the bubbles out, but they are still there!!! Can I bake them in the oven to get the bubbles out? And can you bake them if they aren't dry yet? If so, what temp?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-27-2010, 08:09

Default Re: et lite

I found that I was getting tiny little bubbles if I didn't mix my ET Lite exactly to directions and made sure to use exactly equal amounts of liquid. I also go so far as to slightly warm up my ET Lite before I mix them...it gets a little less thick and mixes a lot better. The bubbles could not be removed, so I swear I wasted at least 100 caps in the beginning!!!

Good luck! ET Lite looks great, it just takes a lot of time to get the process just right.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:10

Oh, and I did try baking mine and ended up with more bubbles.... :-( I warmed up the oven, shut it off and put them in as it cooled down. It sped up the process but created bigger bubbles.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:17

Thanks!!! Yeah, I thought I saw on a post somewhere on here where someone put them in the oven on 190, it must have been you!! lol I tried once again holding a lighter over the ones with the bubbles and all but 1 of the caps are fine now. I swear, I felt like I was doing a science project while I was mixing and putting it on the caps ever so carefully! lol Like you said, the one I put in the oven ended up with more bubbles then it had in the beginning! Oh well!! I really want to try the newest poly resin drops, but worried it would be a waste of money!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2divas View Post
Thanks!!! Yeah, I thought I saw on a post somewhere on here where someone put them in the oven on 190, it must have been you!! lol I tried once again holding a lighter over the ones with the bubbles and all but 1 of the caps are fine now. I swear, I felt like I was doing a science project while I was mixing and putting it on the caps ever so carefully! lol Like you said, the one I put in the oven ended up with more bubbles then it had in the beginning! Oh well!! I really want to try the newest poly resin drops, but worried it would be a waste of money!
Honestly, IMO, I like the ET Lite way better than the drops. I have a set of drops just in case I am ever in a total time pinch but that is the only situation I would use them in. It looks ok, but I think the ET looks way better. A lot of girls here have mixed reviews on the drops.

I totally get the "science project" feeling! I get out my propane torch every once in a while and use that instead of a lighter! Pyro-maniac???
Old 05-27-2010, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfinn View Post
Honestly, IMO, I like the ET Lite way better than the drops. I have a set of drops just in case I am ever in a total time pinch but that is the only situation I would use them in. It looks ok, but I think the ET looks way better. A lot of girls here have mixed reviews on the drops.

I totally get the "science project" feeling! I get out my propane torch every once in a while and use that instead of a lighter! Pyro-maniac???
Have you used the poly ones that coleycole is offering? I'm wondering if those are any different from the ones that everyone else has reviewed and hated! lol
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg