http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-27-2010, 07:50

Default Pony O Question

Ok, I'm just starting to make these cute covered button pony o's. Does everyone remove the shank to attach the pony o? Is it hard? I'm worried about the metal pieces not laying down flat again if that makes sense.

I was wondering if you could just loop the pony o through the shank and then reinforce w some thread around? Anyone do it this way? Hopefully that makes sense. I can take a pic.

TIA!

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:39

Default Re: Pony O Question

I have been struggling to find the best way too so I am interested to see better ideas. I have sewed it to the shank and also looped it through but it stretched out the pony o when I forced it through. IDK. Maybe a skiiny elastic will do the trick.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnLMommy View Post
I was wondering if you could just loop the pony o through the shank and then reinforce w some thread around? Anyone do it this way?

If you pull the skinny elastic tight at the base, it won't come loose. You could put in a few stitches (or maybe even some kind of glue) for your peace of mind - it's up to you.

For thick elastics, I remove the shank and wire the elastic to the back before I make the button:

Old 05-27-2010, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dede View Post

If you pull the skinny elastic tight at the base, it won't come loose. You could put in a few stitches (or maybe even some kind of glue) for your peace of mind - it's up to you.

For thick elastics, I remove the shank and wire the elastic to the back before I make the button:

THANK YOU!! I did it exactly like your first pic and I thought I would just stitch it a bit just in case. But, it seems pretty tight. Awesome. Seems a lot easier than taking out the shank, but your other pics didn't look too hard either.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnLMommy View Post
THANK YOU!!
My pleasure.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:16

I used to do these a couple years ago, started on one of the yahoo groups, and they sold well. Now, I wanted to do some again and I've COMPLETLY forgotten how to attach the pony'o.

But, found this and thanx a MILLION. I used to do them like the first pic.

Thanx-a-bunch
Old 06-03-2010, 02:10

I do them like the first pic. Once for a little girl that pulled them out a lot I did it like the first pic and then glued a piece of ribbon over that, her mom never had a problem with it coming off.