New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-14-2010, 10:38

Default Re: About Rio doming Resin and Bottle Caps

I'd love to see this done. I don't have this kind of resin but I get bubbles with EVERYTHING I've tried so far. I also get blurry, running images no matter where I get my images printed or if I do them at home...I even ordered the MircoGlaze. I think I am not supposed to make bottle caps But I'm going to try it again LOL...I just don't give up easily...I must have 3 or 4 kinds of glaze/resin stuff sitting in my craft room and I can't tell you how many caps I've ruined with blurry/runny images...but I keep climbing back on that horse
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:16

cant wait for pics...i tried again the other day and only a few were useable
Old 06-15-2010, 12:25

I just got 400 bottle caps to start trying to make some. I know a lot of people put their images inside and not on the top (specially if they do magnetic jewelry); however, I really like how they look on the top. I was wondering what to use to make sure it didn't run. Where do you buy your resin? I know some people has bought it in etsy.
Thanks for the tips
Old 06-15-2010, 12:40

i have a try of them drying right now and will be ready to be resined tomorrow so I will have DD take pics and do a tut on them
Old 06-15-2010, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Crafts View Post
I'd love to see this done. I don't have this kind of resin but I get bubbles with EVERYTHING I've tried so far. I also get blurry, running images no matter where I get my images printed or if I do them at home...I even ordered the MircoGlaze. I think I am not supposed to make bottle caps But I'm going to try it again LOL...I just don't give up easily...I must have 3 or 4 kinds of glaze/resin stuff sitting in my craft room and I can't tell you how many caps I've ruined with blurry/runny images...but I keep climbing back on that horse
Are you sealing your images with modge podge BEFORE resining them?

this is the ONLY thing I have gotten that worked, dries hard and domes high

http://www.riogrande.com/MemberArea/...7=doming+resin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocelita View Post
I just got 400 bottle caps to start trying to make some. I know a lot of people put their images inside and not on the top (specially if they do magnetic jewelry); however, I really like how they look on the top. I was wondering what to use to make sure it didn't run. Where do you buy your resin? I know some people has bought it in etsy.
Thanks for the tips

Old 06-15-2010, 01:02

I don't supposed you'd want to do a group buy on the doming resin, would you Allison? I am thinking of doing one myself possibly--since it SHOULD be an easy one, right? lol Is ANY GB ever easy . I don't envy you gals who run them!!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:18

You might do a search for this. There is someone on here who occasionally does group buys for this. She lives in the same town as Rio and does local pick-up, so saves on the initial shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahomommyof4 View Post
I don't supposed you'd want to do a group buy on the doming resin, would you Allison? I am thinking of doing one myself possibly--since it SHOULD be an easy one, right? lol Is ANY GB ever easy . I don't envy you gals who run them!!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:43

Do they only sell it in 8 oz bottles? I looked and looked and cant' find any bigger bottles. 8 ounces will not get me very far lol. Not the way I make caps. I will have to order like 10 bottles just by myself.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:50

[QUOTE=ThreeBlessingsBowtique;596114]Are you sealing your images with modge podge BEFORE resining them?

Yup, I've tried the Mod Podge (MicroGlaze, Krylon Matte spray, cheap clear spray, varnish that I use in my acrylic painting) good photo paper cheap photo paper, regular printer paper, printing at home, Walmart, and other places like CVS and Staples...we don't have a Walgreens ...I've tried everything known to woman I think I'm just bottle cap challanged Actually I have not tried the Rio Doming Resin...I guess that will be the next thing I order...I hope that is not going to be sitting on my shelf with the growing collection of glazes and resins.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:55

I use this stuff as well, and SWEAR by it!!!! It is soooooo much better than ET - I always had bubbles, etc. It was awful!!! I love Rio Grande/ I think it only does come in 8oz. bottles, but that is double the size of the small bottles of the ET rom HL or wherever. They come in 4oz. bottles. LOVE the stuff!!!!!!!! Hard as glass and crystal clear! AND - non -toxic after it dries!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg